Solution to Blank white Screen in TomTom MyDrive Connect app
Just resently had a problem with the TomTom MyDrive Connect app showing nothing but a white screen. A guy called Sam from TomTom Customer Care Team reported back with a solution, that I would like to share with you guys... so here is his answer totally unedited:
I understand that the MyDrive Connect application on your computer is stuck on a white screen. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I have discussed this case with our 2nd line technical team and they have advised that the issue is known to us and we’re working hard on finding a permanent fix for our customers. However, we have received a temporary fix for this issue.
In order to resolve the issue, please try reinstalling the MyDrive Connect application to your computer.
Please perform the steps mentioned below in order to reinstall the application.
1. Close MyDrive Connect completely.
2. Make sure there are no TomTom related processes running in task manager.
The Task Manager can be found by pressing the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting Task Manager
3. Uninstall MyDrive Connect via the Control Panel
4. Delete the TomTom folder from the Program files.
Go to Start and then My Computer/Computer/This PC
Delete the MyDrive Connect folder from C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)
5. Check each username profile (marked as <username> here) and make sure the TomTom folders are deleted from the following locations:
6. Press the Windows Key + R to open the run window.
Type in %temp% then press OK. Delete as many files from this location as possible. Some files can not be deleted. This is normal.
7. Restart the computer.
8. Create a new Administrator account in Windows.
9. Log out of the current account and log in with the new administrator account.
10. Reinstall MyDrive Connect.
Go to http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted.
Download MyDrive Connect.
11. Go to the download folder, right click on the file MyDriveConnect.exe and press run as administrator.
Once you have done this then please test if the application works.
If the issue persists then please try reinstalling the MyDrive Connect one more time and restart your computer.
If you still encounter the same issue then I request you to provide us with the below details so that we can escalate the case to our 2nd line technical team.
> Serial Number of your device:
> MyDrive Connect version:
> Computer Operating System (OS Version):
> Screenshot of MyDrive Connect Program: