Old TomTom XXL Maps — TomTom Community

Old TomTom XXL Maps

rlamprlamp Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hey!

I tried updating the maps and software on TomTom XXL but the software said there wasn't enough space. It prompted me to free some space which I did but removed the map for the device thinking I would just download the latest version. It was only after this that the software said that the device is too old to get map updates etc so now I'm left with a device that doesn't even function anymore... Surely there has to be some way to get even the old maps back into the device from somewhere? To make matters worse, the way I understood it, the software in my native language seemed to indicate that the files that were 'removed' were actually moved to my computer which obviously wasn't the case as the folders I checked were empty. So there are no backups either.

Greetings,
RLamp

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rlamp
    Welcome to the community! A map has been re-activated for your TomTom.
    Please connect the device to TomTom HOME and check if it gets offered as a download.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Hi @rlamp

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK or @lampard has been able to activate a map for you in any way.

Doug
  • rlamprlamp Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I will do that, thank you very much. This gives me a glimmer of hope of making the device functional again.

Greetings,
    RLamp
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rlamp
    Welcome to the community! A map has been re-activated for your TomTom.
    Please connect the device to TomTom HOME and check if it gets offered as a download.

Regards, Vikram
  • GoldnamesGoldnames Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited July 12
    Hi
    I have the exact same problem - no maps found on device - no backup stored on computer - no maps to download.
    Can you please reactivate my map to download ?
    DeviceSerialNumber=GQxxxxxxxxx031
    DeviceUniqueID=AK5YC AAF6A
    Regards
    Nina V

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    edited July 12
    Hi
    @Goldnames
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and If the old Map is still available on the servers, allocate it to your Tomtom Account.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    @Goldnames
    Hi Nina
    Map has been activated for your TomTom. It should be offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

Regards, Vikram
  • GoldnamesGoldnames Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    THANKS !
    Now it works perfect !
    Regards Nina