Bought live services, but not working — TomTom Community

Bought live services, but not working

RonKruytRonKruyt Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
edited June 30 in Built in car navigation
Hi,

I bought the live services for my (second hand) new ca, updated the sd card, put it back in the car, but the live services is still not working.

I tried to use the help chat, but there is no way to talk to support

Anybody an idea?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    hi @RonKruyt
    Welcome to the community!
    The SIM card on the Carminat TomTom gets deactivated or disabled when there is no active subscription(LIVE Services) for 3 years.

I reviewed your account and I see the previous subscription ended back in 2012. More info on our support article

You can contact our customer service to raise a refund request. Helpful link

Thanks, Vikram
  • RonKruytRonKruyt Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    edited June 30
    Hi Vikram,

So what you are saying is that i can't use the live services on the navigation??? Why not activate it? Or what must i do to activate it?

I dpon't want a refund, i want to use it
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    Hi @RonKruyt

I assume you are under the impression that the Turning Off of the inbuilt Sim is done by Tomtom. I suspect that the non use of the service has resulted in the Sim being done by the Mobile Sim Provider whoever that is as can also happen if you fail to use a Mobile Phone Sim as providers turn them off so that they do not have loads of unused Sims on their system.

Doug
    The funny thing is that when i take a look at the status of the live connection status, i see that it is connected? i found a similar problem
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1037582/replacing-sim-card-for-carminat-tomtom-live

Someone of tomtom in the uk reactivate the card, so it must be possible
    RonKruyt wrote: »
    Hi Vikram,

So what you are saying is that i can't use the live services on the navigation??? Why not activate it? Or what must i do to activate it?

I dpon't want a refund, i want to use it

@VikramK
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    edited July 1
    Hi @RonKruyt

I don't think @VikramK has access to that enables him to do what you want. I suggest you contact Customer Support via Chat and see what they say.

Regarding the post you listed it is not clear how long the unit was not in use that the sim was reactivated on so that could have been an issue with the Sims connection with the TT servers.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug