Shortcut widget to my place on home screen? — TomTom Community

Shortcut widget to my place on home screen?

I am driving to about four different places regularly, including my home and workplace. I would like to put such frequent targets as shortcut widgets on the Android home screen. I basically know how to drive there, but there are around three different ways to get there, and it's helpful to have up-to-date traffic info.
This is why I would love a widget that directly activates "drive to this place, fastest route": When the app starts, (on my phone) it takes more than thirty seconds before I can even enter the search or open the menu. All in all it takes more than a minute, with up to 7 taps spread out over that time, in order to set up and start a route to such a frequent place. I would like to drop the phone in its holder, then do one tap on the home screen, and start the engine and drive off. It's ok if it takes even five minutes before routing even starts, because it takes that long anyway before I need to make the first decision. However, I'm not tapping around on the screen while driving, and I feel stupid sitting in the car for more than a minute before actually driving off.
Do you have any plans to support a widget for a "My Place" or something like Google Navigation does?
Thanks!

Best Answer

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Geococcyx , thanks for this idea.

One of our Beta testers reported very similar improvement some time ago.
    We have converted it to internal ticket, which is handled under GONAV-3329 and waits in our backlog.

At the moment I can't provide information when we are going to implement it.

Answers

Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Geococcyx , thanks for this idea.

One of our Beta testers reported very similar improvement some time ago.
    We have converted it to internal ticket, which is handled under GONAV-3329 and waits in our backlog.

At the moment I can't provide information when we are going to implement it.
  • GeococcyxGeococcyx Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the quick response and the reference! I'll be patient.
    Staff
    Yes, that is correct.
    Somehow I thought that OP was more interested in my places other than home and work.