tomtom go discover map version — TomTom Community

tomtom go discover map version

lyndon1230lyndon1230 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi is there a way to check the map version on the go discover. Mine says its up to date but compared to my old TomTom 5000 the map seems outdated.
thanks

Answers

• bigbig Posts: 1,660
    Superuser
    No, the maps are updated incrementally and there is no version attached to it. I have no idea why no version is given, but that's the way it is.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,512
    Superusers
    You're right. Some Roads are on the Discover outdated, I have seen the same on my Discover /Go5200.
  • Waszko1980Waszko1980 Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited June 29
    This is just a drama with these NDS maps! I wish I had fallen into advertising the new Go Discover. The maps haven't been updated for a few months and the weekly fixes haven't been updated for a couple of weeks! When asked why this is so, TomTom is silent! That's why the latest device is in my account and I went back to the Go 5200. It has 10.70 maps which have more current roads than Go Discover. So far, it's a waste of money! Shame on TomTom!

TOMTOM!
    I am asking again! Why are the maps on your website more up-to-date than the ones we have in Go Discover devices! Why has there been no weekly updates for a long time ?! Why are the NDS maps not up to date ?!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,434
    Community Manager
    As @big says there isn't really a version attached to NDS map updates.

The NDS based mobile apps show a version but that doesn't really help since it relates to the base map's functionalities rather than map content.

We are aware of the update issue and expect to fix this in a few weeks.
  • Waszko1980Waszko1980 Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited July 7
    Got news from TomTom today:
    that for portable devices a new version of the software will be released (most likely tomorrow, 08/07), which will provide map updates - currently in monthly and quarterly versions (weekly updates will not be possible yet).
  • TomekleeTomeklee Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    super :-)
    Community Manager
    Waszko1980 wrote: »
    which will provide map updates
    Just to clarify this, the 21.200.0003 build we're aiming to release today will enable monthly full map updates. We will then still need to release that map update soon after.

Community Manager
    edited July 8
    We have just released software version 21.200.0003 for GO Discover and GO Expert:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136302/
    Community Manager
    I am now offered map updates.

However, I had to restart both GO Discover and GO Expert (hold down the on-off button until I hear the drumming).