Tom Tom go expert — TomTom Community

Tom Tom go expert

Colin81Colin81 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited June 28 in GO Discover & GO Expert
Hi there just bought a new go expert as an upgrade from my old truck sat nav and was pretty excited until I had it all set up and put it on truck and put in first destination and all day the Tom Tom has switched itself off and came back on and sits for 2 min searching for gps

I have tried to look it up and tried few suggestions like a factory reset and disconnected my phone from it and even tried 3 different power points in truck and still no luck so I’m at a lose if anyone can help please

I work away all week so anything to do with connecting to computer I can’t until weekend and thanks for reading this book lol

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    faulty piece
  • Colin81Colin81 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looks like it bud I contacted Tom Tom just waiting on response from them but thought I try here too as pulling what hair I have out lol
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,383
    Community Manager
    edited June 28
    Sounds like you're using the old charger. Please use the charger that came with the device (2.4A). The old one doesn't deliver enough power.
    Sorry bud but brand new cable and charger and mount that came in the box
    Community Manager
    Sorry @Colin81 but then there's something wrong with the hardware. This should only happen if the power output is too low. It's best to have the device replaced including the cigarette lighter adapter and USB cable.
    Thanks bud still waiting on Tom Tom getting back to me about issue
    Community Manager
    @Colin81
    I cannot see a ticket in the Support data base for the email address you're using here. Did you purchase on our website or from a retailer? If the latter you should contact your retailer as soon as possible in case you're still in the DOA period that entitles you for a full product replacement.
    I bought it straight from the Tom Tom website and sent an email to tech support regarding the matter yesterday
    gmumwmwg8ypg.png

This is where I filled in info to raise a ticket
    Community Manager
    I created support ticket 1259545 from this thread. If you have a different ticket number, can you give it to me?
    I9hrdty996rz7.png

No ticket number just this email to say they got my request
    Community Manager
    I'm not sure where that ended up but it's not our support department. Ticket 1259545 should be picked up within the coming 24 hours.

I added an internal note for a full replacement.
    You are my hero bud thank u so much really appreciate it now I can relax lol
  • VedomirVedomir Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hello, please tell me, I'm thinking about purchasing a go Expert model, updating maps and speed cameras data. Is it all a paid service every minute of traffic jams update, or is it free for life on the previous model?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    edited July 19
    Hi @Vedomir

The Traffic data does not require further payment but is on a "Lifetime basis" as on the previous models.

The currently available model requires the unit to be paired with a Smartphone to get the data and so will require Data availability from your Phone. As you can see on the TT website there is the intent to release a unit with an inbuilt 4g sim this Autumn so that will connect directly with the TT servers and I assume based on all previous models will not require any costs for the Data.

Map updates are done via Wifi without the need of a PC and are included

Doug

Edited to remove the misleading info that cameras were lifetime
    Community Manager
    TomTom Speed Cameras come as a one year trial and are a paid service after that.