Is there a map archive somewhere for previous versions of maps?

Sydwalker76
Sydwalker76 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
I'm pretty sure I already know that there's not. I need to update the maps for an old TomTom XL. I know that particular GPS model is no longer supported. I know that it only has limited storage and the newer maps will not fit on the device, but it has been years and years since the maps were updated and I know there is a newer map I could use. Even if it's not perfectly current, an older update is better than no update. I'm disappointed in TomTom for not offering this as an option. I know they want everyone to buy a new GPS. I actually had a new GPS, but it was stolen last year. I don't have any intention of buying another one any time soon. I'd like to get this old one updated as much as possible.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @Sydwalker76
    Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • Gemobis
    Gemobis Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    My situation is very similar to Sydwalker 76; with a tomTom start which was stolen in the burglary of my house . Should my two old TomToms for Europe and France be discarded? I always hate the idea of dicarding things which work like a breeze just because the maker thinks it more interesting for him to stop updating a particular programme . We know it could be done but the maker does not care
  • Gemobis
    Gemobis Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    what is BB code? Thankyou
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Gemobis
    Welcome to the site....
    Are your old Tomtom device/s still registered on your account ???
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and if the OLD Map is still available on the Tomtom servers allocate the Map to your Account.....

BBCode - Wikipedia....
    Here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    Hi @Gemobis, Welcome to the community!
    The map has been activated on your account, please check for updates now...

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Hydraxide
    Hydraxide NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hello I have the same thing and owning an Tomtom XXL. Which was originally an central europen map. But it is lost and I am trying to find a way to restore the map.
    The tomtom was after purchase installed with eastern european map for a trip to the east. But I got a red screen error that the map does not work on the device after an update a while ago. I would like to see the original maps back. How?
  • VikramK
    Hi @Hydraxide
    Map reactivated for your TomTom. Please check for updates now!

Regards,
    Vikram.