Lifetime update — TomTom Community

Lifetime update

TravelCoach24TravelCoach24 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi. Buying the Thinge said: lifetime update free included. Doesn’t be the the truth.

Comments

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,574 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hello
    Contact Tomtom support to correct the error https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,512
    Superusers
    Hi
    Yes, the Rider 410 has Lifetime Maps, but sometimes the TomTom servers forget.
    You can contact support to sort this out.
    Please follow the instructions I have described here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1722150#Comment_1722150
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Hi @TravelCoach24
    Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • TravelCoach24TravelCoach24 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Instead of solving the problem, I received an invoice for a subscription which I never subscribed. How strange is this?
    You can’t charge me with something I never signed up for.
    So what is going to happen next ? ?
  • TravelCoach24TravelCoach24 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Furthermore I received the invoice for a totally different product. I was complaining about the lifetime free upgrades for TomTom Rider 410. Now I suddenly was charged for a subscription on TomTom Go.
    Strange things are going on at the company of TomTom.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Hi @TravelCoach24
    I don't understand what charge you are referring to?
    My team has fixed the service for your RIDER 410 which does not incorporate any charges.

I reviewed the subscription for the RIDER 410 and all looks good. You just need to log in to TomTom Services on the device.

If the charge you are referring to the app, then I would recommend that you open a different topic on the Smartphone Category board.

Or, it's best to get in touch with the customer service team to review the charges.
    Please also include the copy of the invoice and the order number.

Thanks, Vikram