Can't get a GPS-lock — TomTom Community

Can't get a GPS-lock

gijssiegijssie Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Since yesterday, I can't get a GPS signal on my Tomtom Runner 3 Cardio. The Quick-GPS won't update (the symbol on my watch doesn't show a v-sign but the icon with a square and an arrow) and my watch doesn't seem to be able to get a GPS signal. It's been looking for 30 minutes now, in the open air with a clear view to the sky.

Never had any issue with getting a signal, but now it won't lock. I've tried resetting to factory settings, I've tried shutting down the watch via the Connect app and CTRL+Reset, but all didn't solve it. Any last resorts for me to try?

Comments

• kuko16kuko16 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I tried to discharge them and after that charge them and again it starts buzzing. Can it be somehow fix or should I buy new one?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,383
    Community Manager
    Discharging does the same as a power-off reset - it restarts the driver of the GPS receiver.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898960-Resetting-your-watch
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,383
    Community Manager
    gijssie wrote: »
    I've tried shutting down the watch via the Connect app and CTRL+Reset, but all didn't solve it. Any last resorts for me to try?
    This one should fix it. Can you try again?
    A factory reset doesn't restart the drivers.

• gijssiegijssie Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    I've tried shutting down the watch via the Connect app and CTRL+Reset, but all didn't solve it. Any last resorts for me to try?

Alas, still no GPS
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    Jürgen wrote: »

Alas, still no GPS

Did you try the power off reset? If that does not do it, the GPS chip may have died, in which case the watch is dead.
  • NovanNovan Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Having the same problem. QuickGPSFix is not automatically updated. How can I find out that the problem is not at server? TomTom is there a QuckGPSFix file for this week?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    You should be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.
  • NovanNovan Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    👍 That worked for me! Thank you!