Not able to do software or map update on GO 520

Musky52
Musky52 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My 520 is plugged into power. I have 7 updates. When I select Update Now I get the message "Oops Something went wrong. Please try again." I have deselected all the optional upgrades and attempted to download just the software upgrade, but still receive the same message. When I go to the Wifi icon it does show that I am connected to my home network. Suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @Musky52
    Welcome to the community! Could you try updating the device using MyDrive Connect as an alternative source of internet?
    See steps described in @YamFazMan 's article here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure#latest

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Musky52
    Apprentice Seeker
    So, by MyDrive Connect I am assuming you are referring to the TomTom HOME software on my pc. I connected my 520 to my PC. I had to update my TomTom Home software twice. First to version 2.11 then to version 2.21. However, TomTom Home shows that no device is connected. What do I need to do to get my PC to see my 520?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @Musky52
    MyDrive Connect is a different application. The latest version can be downloaded from here

Regards, Vikram
  • Musky52
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the assistance. I was able to download MyDrive Connect, it saw my TomTom and I was able to upgrade the software and maps. And better yet, the original problem (not mentioned in this thread) of not getting traffic updates has also been corrected with the software update.
    This was the answer!