How to use voice control in TomTom GO in Android Auto? — TomTom Community

How to use voice control in TomTom GO in Android Auto?

FlanimalFlanimal Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
So far I have discovered that I can say "ok google" followed by "Navigate to Bristol", which causes Google to say something like "Getting directions", and a single destination result seems to be fed into TomTom.

But what I want is what I get if manually type Bristol in the TomTom search - I get lots of great options with Bristol as the town or in the local road names. I get the same, rich, options if I run TomTom Go from my Phone and press the TomTom search microphone on-screen button and simply say "Bristol".

I guess I'm asking if there is a way to activate the TomTom voice search when using Android Auto, as opposed to using Google Assistant voice search which sends the intention on to the TomTom program.

I'm very happy to read the manual if anyone can direct me to a TomTom Go manual for Android Auto. :)
Thanks.

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 896 [Revered Pioneer]
    improvements are needed with aa
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Flanimal wrote: »
    So far I have discovered that I can say "ok google" followed by "Navigate to Bristol", which causes Google to say something like "Getting directions", and a single destination result seems to be fed into TomTom.

But what I want is what I get if manually type Bristol in the TomTom search - I get lots of great options with Bristol as the town or in the local road names. I get the same, rich, options if I run TomTom Go from my Phone and press the TomTom search microphone on-screen button and simply say "Bristol".

I guess I'm asking if there is a way to activate the TomTom voice search when using Android Auto, as opposed to using Google Assistant voice search which sends the intention on to the TomTom program.

I'm very happy to read the manual if anyone can direct me to a TomTom Go manual for Android Auto. :)
    Thanks.

@Flanimal , we have created this feature request for Google some time ago: https://issuetracker.google.com/u/0/issues/182063324