Old Western Europe iOS app no longer works — TomTom Community

Old Western Europe iOS app no longer works

simonautysimonauty Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
i get a message the deveoper needs to update this app to work with this version od ios

Best Answer

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    old app stopped long time back
    use go navigation

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    old app stopped long time back
    use go navigation
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 63 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    The old original TomTom Navigator Western Europe app still works absolutely fine. I have it on my iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.6. TomTom app v1.29 App version 8.300 (2863348) Map: 'Western_Europe' v995.8547

The only downside is that I cannot access Live Traffic any longer. When this app was EOLd I stacked up about 3 years worth of one month Live Traffic subscriptions & it was still working perfectly when the last ran out.

I still use it when travelling in rural Brittany (France) where the roads don't change & there are no traffic jams. It's much easier to enter addresses than in the new TomTom Navigation Go app. It's not possible in the new app to enter addresses with the same precision as you drill down Country->Town->Road->Number (or Crossing)
  • simonautysimonauty Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi thanks for the info but where do you get the app update? since i updated to ios 14.6 the app will not open, i just get a message "the developer needs to update the app" and it is no longer in the app store?
    simonauty wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the info but where do you get the app update? since i updated to ios 14.6 the app will not open, i just get a message "the developer needs to update the app" and it is no longer in the app store?

Sorry I can't help. The app just keeps on working. I have owned it since I first bought an iPhone 3GS & it has migrated over the years to all the different iPhones I have owned ie 4, 5s, 6s Plus, XS & now 12 Pro Max.
    yes me too bought it on iPhone 3g and been through them all currently on iphone x and it only stopped working a couple of weeks ago when i updated to ios 14.6, not sure which version of app i'm on as it won't open but there are no versions in app store, thanks for all your help anyway i'll try tomtom again.

simon
    simonauty wrote: »
    yes me too bought it on iPhone 3g and been through them all currently on iphone x and it only stopped working a couple of weeks ago when i updated to ios 14.6, not sure which version of app i'm on as it won't open but there are no versions in app store, thanks for all your help anyway i'll try tomtom again.

simon

The only possibility would be to roll back to an earlier version by restoring a full iOS backup. I always do a full backup to my MacBook before I upgrade iOS.

iOS has a facility where if apps aren't used then they get deleted or just a stub is left. Then if you fire up the app iOS will download it from the App Store. The problem is that the old TomTom Navigator Western Europe cannot be found on the App Store any more.
    I think that I have just been luck & because I use the old app occasionally it has never been deleted.
    You can stop iOS deleting unused apps:-

Launch Settings from your Home screen.
    Tap App Store.
    Tap the Offload Unused Apps On/Off switch. When the switch goes gray, that means it's off.
    Yes i also use it quite regularly i used it the week before i updated to 14.6 and it worked fine, its only since the upgrade i have been getting the error.

thanks anyway

simon