Has anyone mounted onto their bike using a quadlock? — TomTom Community

Has anyone mounted onto their bike using a quadlock?

The-ArbetorThe-Arbetor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
X grip is too flakey for me so I fitted a quadlock mount to the bike. It would be nice to have all my devices fitting to compatible mounts. How flat is the back?

Best Answer

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    The Riders USB port is not waterproof.
    The original mount in the Riders box is a better system than QuadLock. This mount also charges the Rider with an normal 12v connection to your motorcycle. This original mount is waterproof.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 896 [Revered Pioneer]
    which rider
  • The-ArbetorThe-Arbetor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I haven't bought one yet but I'm guessing the 550
  • rocminc99alrocminc99al Posts: 19 [Legendary Explorer]
    I'm using QuadLock on my motorcycle. It's not as solid as an old RAM GPS holder, but I don't think there's anything better on the market for a phone.

y74ckjucm5ob.jpg
  • The-ArbetorThe-Arbetor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes you can mount a phone with a quad lock. That's what they do .. Can you mount a Tomtom Rider 550 on a quadlock?
  • rocminc99alrocminc99al Posts: 19 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited June 30
    QuadLock sells a universal adapter that you just glue to the surface. If there's enough smooth surface on the back of the device, you can probably attach the adapter to it.
    I think Rider has a special mount. Is there also a USB port to attach power supply?

jhuyvdy1q4rw.png

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    The Riders USB port is not waterproof.
    The original mount in the Riders box is a better system than QuadLock. This mount also charges the Rider with an normal 12v connection to your motorcycle. This original mount is waterproof.