Last 3.1.48 and Android auto - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Last 3.1.48 and Android auto

2»

Comments

• rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 126 [Exalted Navigator]
    Last week the app suddenly closes itself in the middle of the highway where there was heavy traffic and I must go from one lane to another section. Not the best time for it. The good thing was when I opened the app again my route was still in the memory and it picked up immediately again. I was not using AA this time just the app. (I really needed the route bar on this journey:))
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 426
    Staff
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Last week the app suddenly closes itself in the middle of the highway where there was heavy traffic and I must go from one lane to another section. Not the best time for it. The good thing was when I opened the app again my route was still in the memory and it picked up immediately again. I was not using AA this time just the app. (I really needed the route bar on this journey:))

Hi @rabero1985 , please share your AppID, maybe we will find answer in our crash reporting tool.
    Staff
    ckkoen wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    ckkoen wrote: »
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @szachowa
    The app runs without AA any problems.
    But how do I get rid of the message? Which button do I have to press ??????

If app is running fine without AA, then this seems to be some bug. I will check with the team.

It's definitely a bug.. If I open TomTom via Android Auto when not connected to 4G, it gives me the same subscription message. At the same time if I open TomTom on my phone's screen, I don't get the message and if I go to the settings, I see that my subscription is still valid. I then have to force stop TomTom, activate 4G and reopen it to resolve the problem. But the next time that I connect to Android Auto without 4G, the message is back..

Although it would be very nice bug to report, I'm unable to reproduce it.
    I have checked with 3.1.48 app, with 4G enabled/disabled, with no connectivity at all. App starts for me OK on the head unit.

We need more concrete steps to reproduce it.

My guess is that you probably tested this with a wired android auto connection, is that possible? I use it with wireless android auto. That means that when the error shows up, my 4G was disconnected, but my WiFi was connected to the car, without an Internet connection.
    Seems that TomTom just expects an Internet connection when WiFi or 4G is on. When those don't provide Internet, TomTom throws the subscription error. When neither are activated, TomTom knows not to expect an Internet connection and works as expected.

I have checked with AA over the Wi-Fi. To simulate connectivity lost, I disconnected WAN cable from my WiFi router at home. Still no luck, I wasn't able to reproduce it. I have assigned the bug report to dev team, I hope they will find solution.
    Staff
    Sialor wrote: »
    In addition to the problem described above in this version, my GPS is turned off again when the phone screen is turned off. All settings are done when working in the background.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Tiguan 2020, AA 6.5.612134

We have in plans to add new permission to the app to allow location all the time.
    Staff
    Is it possible to bring back the 'mark location' function? It was very helpfull for mapshare reports.

Actually this is interesting, since I was also wondering why this function was removed. I believe there was some reason for that.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 126 [Exalted Navigator]
    @szachowa,
    Here is the ID.
    About the mark location... I don't know why it's removed.. But I found it usefull... I used it to remember map faults... 6uemf1zdsce3.jpg
  • MUPMUP Posts: 345 [Supreme Pioneer]
    We have in plans to add new permission to the app to allow location all the time.
    Please set the internal tracker priority according this issue to HIGH if possible.
    Many thanks.

Staff
    @szachowa,
    Here is the ID.
    About the mark location... I don't know why it's removed.. But I found it usefull... I used it to remember map faults... 6uemf1zdsce3.jpg

Hi @rabero1985 , fix for this issue is in progress. We track it under NAV-50538 in internal bug tracker tool.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0