TomTom Go5200- Speed camera updates freezing during installation

JV_62yH_88g
JV_62yH_88g Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
Updates are now a problem. Update starts via wifi and then stops before completion. The only way forward is to turn off and restart. Update continues where it left off and then stops again. It usually takes 5-6 restarts to complete the speed camera updates.

Answers

• pelham89
    pelham89 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Does it stop at 75%, if so, same as my 6200. I posted this question a few weeks ago, there has been a similar problem elsewhere, and apparently TT were supposed to be looking into it.
    I just found leaving it was the best answer, allowing it to sort itself out, annoying though.....?.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    Hi @JV_62yH_88g
    Welcome to the community!
    Is the connection to the WiFi stable and fast?
    Could you check if the same happens when you try updating it via MyDrive Connect as an alternate to provide stable internet connection?

See the detailed steps in @YamFazMan 's article here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • JV_62yH_88g
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Cannot check as updates are complete but will try next time. I have fibre broadband so I don't think WiFi is the problem.
  • JV_62yH_88g
    Apprentice Traveler
    Downloaded the my drive connect file to windows. Windows defender smart shield prevented installation. When I right clicked the download, selected 'unblock' and tried to run the file I got another preventing error message 'NSIS error - installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download or damaged media. get a new copy - failed.
  • JV_62yH_88g
    Apprentice Traveler
    Still struggling to update camera updates. Keeps stopping for a small download.
  • wizardtee
    wizardtee Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    I’ve got the same thing. TomTom freezes at 75% then it takes ages to update on speed cam downloads. TomTom really needs to get their act together or they will start to loose loyal customers
  • wizardtee
    wizardtee Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've got the same thing 5200 stops or freezes at 75% and take ages to update. I have 1GB download speed and 5G on my phone soil ow it's not that. Tomtom doesn't seem to bothered about sorting this issue out. Seen a lot of tweets about the same problem. What are tomtom doing about it?... NOTHING