TomTom Go5200- Speed camera updates freezing during installation — TomTom Community

TomTom Go5200- Speed camera updates freezing during installation

Updates are now a problem. Update starts via wifi and then stops before completion. The only way forward is to turn off and restart. Update continues where it left off and then stops again. It usually takes 5-6 restarts to complete the speed camera updates.

Answers

• pelham89pelham89 Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Does it stop at 75%, if so, same as my 6200. I posted this question a few weeks ago, there has been a similar problem elsewhere, and apparently TT were supposed to be looking into it.
    I just found leaving it was the best answer, allowing it to sort itself out, annoying though.....?.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Hi @JV_62yH_88g
    Welcome to the community!
    Is the connection to the WiFi stable and fast?
    Could you check if the same happens when you try updating it via MyDrive Connect as an alternate to provide stable internet connection?

See the detailed steps in @YamFazMan 's article here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • JV_62yH_88gJV_62yH_88g Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Cannot check as updates are complete but will try next time. I have fibre broadband so I don't think WiFi is the problem.
  • JV_62yH_88gJV_62yH_88g Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Downloaded the my drive connect file to windows. Windows defender smart shield prevented installation. When I right clicked the download, selected 'unblock' and tried to run the file I got another preventing error message 'NSIS error - installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download or damaged media. get a new copy - failed.