NO weekly map updates! — TomTom Community

NO weekly map updates!

Waszko1980Waszko1980 Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Hello.
I have a question for all TomTom Go Discover users.
Do you download weekly map updates? I have been silent for several weeks. Maps of Poland, Germany, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
Write in the comments! Thanks!

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    guess nothing for that area
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 267 [Exalted Navigator]
    @Waszko1980

To my recollection I have not seen any map updates (I have the whole of Europe maps installed) for ~2 weeks on my Go Discover.

My Tomtom Go App on the Iphone which is on a similar weekly Map cycle update has had map updates in the same period. (I only have Great Britain & Ireland installed on the phone)
  • bigbig Posts: 1,657
    Superuser
    Updates have pretty consistently been every week but occasionally a week is skipped.
  • Waszko1980Waszko1980 Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    So it looks like this is a general update problem with NDS maps as nobody gets the fixes! This is starting to get frustrating. Older TomTom Go 5200 devices now have newer maps and real-time corrections! We are waiting for an explanation from TomTom!
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,066 [Exalted Pioneer]
    @szachowa

will we manage to release the alpha version (NDS map) by July 1st?
    The holiday season begins!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,383
    Community Manager
    We are aware of the issue and expect to fix this in a few weeks.
    @Jürgen

Thank you for the update.

It would have been preferable as this "issue" will affect all users for an announcement to be in the "News Section" of the Forum?

I assume the "issue" also includes resolving the accuracy of the Go Discover Maps as a planned journey a few days ago could have resulted in my driving down a "No Entry" Motorway Slip Road on the M11 some 500 metres South of Junction 27 with the M25. Mapcode GBR PV.BWN (latitude, longitude): 51.672617, 0.119935)

The Go Discover maps are clearly not being updated correctly as my Go Camper and Go Premium X do not attempt to divert you off the Motorway.

bk37vtdmff23.jpg

m9awkw1oor3q.png

aqujg5n7xr4h.jpg

Until the "issue" is resolved I am not confident to use the Go Discover as a Navigation device and urge you to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

Community Manager
    edited July 8
    Jürgen wrote: »
    We are aware of the issue and expect to fix this in a few weeks.

We have just released software version 21.200.0003 for GO Discover and GO Expert:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136302/
    Community Manager
    I am now offered map updates.

However, I had to restart both GO Discover and GO Expert (hold down the on-off button until I hear the drumming).
    @Jurgen.

I have updated my Go Discover with the latest UK maps and the issue I reported above on June 29 has in the "main" been resolved :)

- however in certain situation the Go Discover and my other Go Devices plus MyDrive (Web) will still navigate off the M11 incorrectly/illegally onto Coopersale Lane but I will report this anomaly via a Mapshare report .