Stop the TomTom answering incoming phone calls &preventing the use of my phone as it does

PseudoPasty
PseudoPasty Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I am not the slightest bit technical, so apologies for that right up front. The device is a Go Essential and my phone is a cheap Moto. If someone calls me while the TT is connected / within range of the phone, then the TT seems to "answer" the call and also the call does not come through to the phone. Ok I get the safety thing if it happened when driving but when it does it indoors while I'm updating the TT then that isn't good. Is there somewhere I can stop this happening? Many thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,424
    Exalted Pioneer
    unpair or delete phone settings
  • PseudoPasty
    Apprentice Traveler
    I thought the TT got it's live updates (road closures etc) from my phone, so, if I unpaired it wouldn't that stop this updating ability?
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,800
     Superuser
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    When the Phone is connected to your device, then tap on the Satnav on Menu/settings/bluetooth and there tap on your Phone name.
    On the following Side you have 3 switches.
    One of the Switches is for Phone calls.
    The other switches are for Messages and TomTom services.

See also in the manual:
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_ESSENTIAL/html/en-gb/index.htm#Bluetooth-Prato.htm
    q41lss1n5htp.png
  • PseudoPasty
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you SO much Lochfrass! Such clear instructions even I could follow them. Done!