GO Navigation app stops (and sometimes restarts) — TomTom Community

GO Navigation app stops (and sometimes restarts)

HansRoHansRo Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
I use Navigator already quite some time but did not for the last year or so, so I missed the update to 3.1 completely.

Now I am trying to prepare for a trip and I try a route and update the maps. And that is when problems start: the app stays active for seconds to some minutes and then quits to the background. When activating again it says App is loading. Started downloads of maps have stopped then, navigation is impossible.

So: How do I keep the app active (not crashing) and not interrupted by other apps to be able to download and navigate and do settings etc...

This way it is not of much use.

(and when I want to add tags with this post, one click give the same tag six times)

Best Answer

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 339
    Staff
    edited June 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @HansRo ,

I have checked our crash reporting tool, and yes, I can see crashes from your device.
    Seems that issue is known and has been already reported.

From the ticket status I can see that it should be fixed with releases newer than 3.1.0. You can wait for new release or you can try to clear the application cache and start map download from scratch. My assumption is that this issue is happening for you because of the multiple automatic updates that were installed on top of app from 2017.

Please note, that clearing app cache will remove saved my places, my routes, recent destinations, and clear app settings.

Answers

• HansRoHansRo Posts: 6 [New Seeker]
    I asked a question in another forum, maybe it should be here. Could the moderator jump in please.
    Hi @szachowa , thanks for replying.

Yes, I mean the TomTom GO Navigation app for Android.
    Sorry for the dubious naming.

I did not install it recently. I bought the phone in 2017 and installed TT GO Nav app immediately. It has taken its updates automatically and apparently the latest update was 3.1.0 which I started to use just now (I don't drive a car often so I use it rarely).

Phone Model: Samsung A5 (2017, model SM-A520F)
    Android version: 8.0.0
    TT GO Nav. version: 3.1.0 (4036)
    AppID: MYAN642E495F08EF5807E242938B4C894658C43B76D9

Regards, Hans
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 339
    Staff
    edited June 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @HansRo ,

I have checked our crash reporting tool, and yes, I can see crashes from your device.
    Seems that issue is known and has been already reported.

From the ticket status I can see that it should be fixed with releases newer than 3.1.0. You can wait for new release or you can try to clear the application cache and start map download from scratch. My assumption is that this issue is happening for you because of the multiple automatic updates that were installed on top of app from 2017.

Please note, that clearing app cache will remove saved my places, my routes, recent destinations, and clear app settings.
    edited June 23
    OK. How do I clear the cache.
    I already did a reset of the app and that did not work.
    I tried this now a second time while also removing the maps. It needed my password and it started all over again. This seems to be working (it is downloading now already for some time without a crash). I'll report back when finished.
    To finish the feedback: Yes, problem solved.
    Thanks!