Go 520 or Essential? — TomTom Community

Go 520 or Essential?

Hello,

I hope everyone’s keeping well. Just a rather stupid question from me as I’m going round in circles on this. I’m looking to get a new SatNav. I’ve currently got a rather old TomTom, the Start 20.

Amazon have the TomTom GO 520 5 inch at £119. Seems like this is free lifetime maps and speed cams. I can’t seem to find this in any stores like Halfords or Curry’s or elsewhere online to see it ‘in the flesh’. Then there’s the TomTom GO Essential 6 inch, but I can’t see the difference between the two other than the size and the cost, because the essential is £160. Also the Essential doesn’t seem to have free lifetime speed cams.

I’m really just wanting one that picks up the signal quickly (current TomTom can take 10 minutes after turning on to find a signal, maybe longer) and with a touchscreen that’s easy and accurate. I don’t know if ‘handsfree calling’ also means you can handsfree change the route as you drive but that’d be a handy feature.

So yes, does anyone know the difference between the two? Would the GO 520 be reasonable in terms of efficiency and the touchscreen, or is it an outdated model, which might explain why I can’t find it elsewhere?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any thoughts on this. It’d be much appreciated!

Caz

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,172 Moderator
    @cazkins
    Hi Caz
    Welcome to the community!
    The GO 520 is no longer available. We have the GO Essential model available in 5 inches and 6 inches. See the comparison chart on our webshop for the different products.

At the bottom of the page, click on 'Learn more', to read more about the hardware specifications.

Thanks,
    Vikram :)