Transfer of North America map to new device as old one has stopped working — TomTom Community

Transfer of North America map to new device as old one has stopped working

MimsMims Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi I have the Tom Tom Go 920 which has stopped working, the touch screen doesn't function and the remote won't operate the device either. I have since bought the more recent TomTom Go Essential and would like to transfer my North America maps to the newer device. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about doing this?
Thanks in advance.
Mims

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Mims

Your Map purchase was linked to the serial number of the unit it was purchased for and cannot be transferred to another unit. You can try contacting customer support to see if they will do anything otherwise you will have to purchase another copy of the map for the new unit.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Mims

Your Map purchase was linked to the serial number of the unit it was purchased for and cannot be transferred to another unit. You can try contacting customer support to see if they will do anything otherwise you will have to purchase another copy of the map for the new unit.

Doug
  • MimsMims Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug
    Thank you for your help. I will email customer support and see if they can help.
    BW
    Mims