My device does not start up at all

JoanvW
JoanvW Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi,

I started getting trouble with my TomTom about 3 days ago. Because it had been very hot all week I thought that this might be the reason for some problems. Now i have let it cool down for some days, but it won't start. When i put the cable on it to connect to my computer or to charge it keep showing the TomTom logo, but no sound en then it turns off again just for the device to 'start up' with the logo but no sound.

I have tried to do the reset and i tried to start in recovery mode. Both don't work as the device doesn't do anything when the cable isn't connected, also didn't work when the cable is connected.
I thought maybe it is the cable, so i tried a one but that didn't change anything.
I have no clue what I else can do to fix this problem. Please help.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited June 2021
    Hi
    @JoanvW
    Welcome to the site....
    By Reset, what do you mean ???
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead... PC USB Ports only output 0.5 AMPS)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound, then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade, large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JoanvW
    JoanvW Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    That is what I meant with the reset, but it doesn’t do anything. When I push and hold the on/off button it just keeps ‘flashing’ like showing the logo en turning off again on a loop.