why speed camera alerts have disappeared? — TomTom Community

why speed camera alerts have disappeared?

ballacoibolliballacoibolli Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I recently updated the maps on my TOMtom start 52. Since doing so, I'm no longer getting speed camera alerts which I formerly paid for. Without getting any advices about it!!! Why??? In ten years I've never seen such an ugly behaviour...

Best Answers

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited June 20 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ballacoibolli
    Welcome to the site....
    There has been a change in the Speed cam subscriptions... The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....

Note... If your subscription has expired you will NOT get any Speed cam warning on the device, even the old database is still installed on the device....

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom Speed Cam FAQ….
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015806999

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ballacoibolliballacoibolli Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello!Thanks for your reply. What does " even the old database is installed on the device" mean ? It's useless If I 'm not able to get any alert! :-(
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited June 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ballacoibolli
    It means even if you still have an old style/old version of the TomTom speed Cameras, you now >> Cannot << receive speed came warning until you subscribe to new Speed Cam Database....
    Obviously if you have Lifetime Speed cams you are all OK....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    My dear Yamfazman, unfortunately this is not true!!! They have disabled also the old data ! My last subscription was last year, and till one month ago it was ok. Since the last map updating, I've no longer speed camera alerts ! The navigator doesn't show anything. This is not correct...IHMO
    ....I believe this is a dirty way to compell one to do another subscription... :-(
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    Hi @ballacoibolli

When last year did you purchase a Camera Alerts Subscription and for how long did you purchase the subscription for?

Doug
    Hi Doug. Last year I had one month promotion subscription. Zero euro. In the past I bought both one year subscription, and a couple of months. But after quitting, I always had the alerts abled, without any problems. Not updating but alerts on. It's incredible that I cannot use my old speed camera database!