GO App subscription renewed but my app says it'll expires in 1 day — TomTom Community

GO App subscription renewed but my app says it'll expires in 1 day

pgreggpgregg Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
App has been nagging me for a few days that my subscription is ending. So yesterday, with 2 days to go, gave in and renewed in the app. It took me to the play store, I paid for the renewal and thought that was it.
Today, when I open the app it says 1 day to expiry.

Where did my 1 year go?

I suspect it has something to do with my being an old user - where I logged in and previous subscriptions were against an email address (not the same as the android account). But surely the app would be smart enough to know that? It obviously went through a successful payment - so why not link the two?

How do I either a) Get the 1 year added on? or b) Get a refund for something I paid for but am not receiving? And if b) How do I actually renew?

Thanks

Comments

• pgreggpgregg Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Pretty certain this is the cause...
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139597485?pli=1

I'd rather have an OOB subscription method - the app still wants me to 'login to restore purchases' so how do I specifically purchase the sub using that specific login (which is not a google/android account) ?

Thanks for reply - but I suspect the linked issue is related as I have several google accounts on my phone.

I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling tomtom and reinstalling (using the account that paid the subscription) but the app solidly remains unlicensed.
    I did get a new free 30 day trial by uninstalling and reinstalling - but that's not a solution.

I also logged in to my tomtom account and chose 'Restore Purchases' which it claims "Purchases Restored Your purchases were restored successfully." - but I'm still on the free trial. :(

I do see the subscription in my google account - but it appears I am unable to actually make use of it.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    pgregg wrote: »
    Thanks for reply - but I suspect the linked issue is related as I have several google accounts on my phone.

I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling tomtom and reinstalling (using the account that paid the subscription) but the app solidly remains unlicensed.
    I did get a new free 30 day trial by uninstalling and reinstalling - but that's not a solution.

I also logged in to my tomtom account and chose 'Restore Purchases' which it claims "Purchases Restored Your purchases were restored successfully." - but I'm still on the free trial. :(

I do see the subscription in my google account - but it appears I am unable to actually make use of it.

Hi @pgregg , I believe there was some nice solution from @Jürgen mentioned, where you installed the app on the phone by triggering the install from the PC browser. Just make sure to open the Google Play Store in incognito mode, log in with the account which has the subscription and trigger installation of TT GO Nav on you selected device.
    I think it helped few of our users.
    Thanks. Tried following those instructions. Unfortunately the playstore via the browser installed the app to a different 'user' on my phone - not my main 'user'. And I'm not about to start switching users to use tomtom.

The second 'user' exists because I have a 2nd property and to buy electricity I need to use the same utility company app with a different login.

Primary phone has:
    User 1 (Main user): Has 3 Google accounts (including the one for User 2 so I can can see all email together).
    User 2 (2nd home account): Has 1 Google account.

The tomtom subscription is on that User 2 google account. But I cannot make User 1 (my main account) recognise the license. Bought (and refunded) it twice now.
    Been a Tomtom android paying customer since day 1.
    Staff
    @pgregg , this is interesting use case, I will check with the team.
    Staff
    Discussed with developers and this is still probably caused by https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139597485