No maps and looping start-up TomTom Carminat Renault Clio

John McC
John McC Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I have updated my maps etc on my SD card but the device is no longer read by the Carminat system. I have deleted the Loopdir folder but still no success. Any advice?

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    Hi @John McC

Maybe @VikramK can activate a map for you. Look back here on Monday to see what he says.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    Hello @John McC
    A map has been reactivated for your device. I would suggest that you follow the steps advised below to restore the device.
    zkizda7ze2dv.jpg

Note- If the content in the image is not clear, just right-click and open in a new tab or window.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • John McC
    John McC Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @VikramK

No, that doesn't seem to have worked. When I follow the steps to format the SD card, reinitialise and then reinsert into the TomTomHome software I get the following error message.:

There are errors on your memory card which cannot be repaired by Home... Are there seperate instructions for formatting the card using a Mac? I do not use a PC. Is my card now unusable following your guidance?

5r2lr4cq9q0m.png

I look forward to hearing from you.

John McC

• VikramK
    Hi John
    I could be wrong, but the issue could be related to the memory card.
    Do you have a different memory card to check if it works?

-Vikram
  • peter_halton1
    peter_halton1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 2021
    I'm having exactly the same problem as John above. I've tried the reformat and it now wont show any updates on my carminat and the app wont download any updates? Now I a with a useless satnav system and card that has no maps on it?
  • VikramK
    Hi @peter_halton1
    A map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram