POI on MyDrive wont nsync to device using Mydrive connect — TomTom Community

POI on MyDrive wont nsync to device using Mydrive connect

ChrisIpsumChrisIpsum Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have Mydrive Connect installed on my PC. i have logged into my account and it is connected to my Start 42. The connection is good as it has successfully updated plenty of pointless things that i will never use.

I am trying to upload POIs to my device. this is essential and the only reason i have the TomTom

I have uploaded the POIs to MyDrive using the browser - why this isnt integrated into the Mydrive connect Desktop program is betond me. It keeps telling me to log into my device so that it can sync up.

MY DEVICE IS LOGGED IN AND CONNECTED TO MY COMPUTER.

i have tried restarting both the PC and my device. i have reloaded the App - all this did was prompt me to update speed cameras and charging stations but not my POIs!!!!

Please tell me how to make this work before I send it back.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ChrisIpsum
    Welcome to the site....
    The latests NAV4 or NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories... You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1730281/#Comment_1730281

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ChrisIpsumChrisIpsum Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thanks. i have done all of that to the letter. the problem is when i import the files, it tells me i need to log into my account with the device.

THE DEVICE IS CONNECTED USING THE MY DRIVE CONNECT PROGRAM

Mydrive browser interface does not seem to recognise this
    Superusers
    edited June 18
    Hi
    @ChrisIpsum

Check you are logged into MyDrive on the device....
    Start 42 NAV4 Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive....

k8l705kc3yti.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    there is a message that says the only way i can login is via a USB connection to a PC and to use the mydrive connect App. it has been logged in via the app the hole time. i have tried disconnecting it to force it to log back in, which it does, but it still doesnt download the POIs
    while logged in it says"your computer and device are now connected. use MyDrive connect to manage your device." All i can do via mydrive connect is buy upgrades i dont want
    bcnlqyeu3ipj.png
    i get this message on mydrive, despite the tomtom saying that it is connected to the PC
    and before you ask, yes there is plenty of frere space
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,199
    Superuser
    Hi @Chrislpsum

What size is the POI file you are adding?

Doug
    Superusers
    edited June 18
    Hi
    @ChrisIpsum
    Yes... The None Live Start 42 Must be connected over USB with Mydrive connect running on the PC with Mydrive connect logged in to your Tomtom Account....

The Start 42 MUST be logged into MyDrive on the device....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Log into your Tomtom account....

The MyDrive Web Route planner MUST be logged into your Tomtom Account....

I uploaded a POI .Ov2 file using the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Renamed the file to '_Test POI install'....
    Note... The underscore character does not show on the device, but it moves the POI File towards the top of the POI listings....

a8flrsi7tvzx.jpg

The 'Test POI install' file synced across my NAV4 devices & Wi-Fi Connected devices....
    u71kmzn9ud8n.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I have managed to get the places onto the device. There seem to be some serious latency issues between me uploading the places to mydrive and them being synced to the tomtom.

after a few days of leaving it, next time i logged in on the device it synced immediately.

the old system of dragging and dropping was much easier. having a seperate app, browser interface and a device full of overcomplicated GUI with the processing power of a toaster all adds up to a rather infuriating experience. Then on top of that all the app wants to do is sell you speed camera updates and voices.

feel like banging my head against the wall.

thanks for the help nonetheless