Rider 550 world maps? Disappeared after replacement unit — TomTom Community

Rider 550 world maps? Disappeared after replacement unit

Mathew550Mathew550 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
OK I have my new replacement Rider 550 from TomTom, I have successfully updated the software and also updated the European maps.

I am unable to add any further maps from any other part of the world (I have a formatted 32GB SD card inserted so it is not a space issue)

When I received the replacement unit the following 'what to do next?' was offered by TomTom:

- What should I know before downloading updates? www.tomtom.com/3611
- How do i activate my LIVE services subscription? www.tomtom.com/113916

I have tried entering both web addresses but I just goes to the TomTom main page, I have done this on a iMAC, iPAD and Windows PC. I have also tried searching on the article pages within the TomTom page but that does not bring up anything?

I used to be able to select 'add Map' and I would have the world to choose from, all i have is Europe now. Also my European map says it will expire in September 2021!?

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    edited June 18 Accepted Answer
    @Mathew550
    Hi Mathew
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Mathew550 wrote: »

I have tried entering both web addresses but I just goes to the TomTom main page, I have done this on a iMAC, iPAD and Windows PC. I have also tried searching on the article pages within the TomTom page but that does not bring up anything?

There is a cookies issue with the website that is causing this behaviour. Try opening the links in different browser or open them in an incognito or private tab/window.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    edited June 18 Accepted Answer
    @Mathew550
    Hi Mathew
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Mathew550 wrote: »

There is a cookies issue with the website that is causing this behaviour. Try opening the links in different browser or open them in an incognito or private tab/window.

Regards, Vikram
  • Mathew550Mathew550 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi Vikram,

Ok the world map selection is now back, thank you. However the 550 is now missing from MyDrive connect. I will investigate how to add this again.