Rider v5 (2013) and earlier - Now Obsolete, no longer supported and NO MORE MAP UPDATES — TomTom Community

Rider v5 (2013) and earlier - Now Obsolete, no longer supported and NO MORE MAP UPDATES

4Time4Time Posts: 32 [Renowned Wayfarer]
Very disappointed when I logged into TomTom Home this morning and then the website to be advised that the rider v2013 is now deemed obsolete by TomTom and under the lifetime* map guarantee my understanding is that I will no longer get map updates :/ To rub salt into the wound TomTom were previously offering me and I presume others with similar units an upgrade to a current model with 30% off. Now that they have cut off the updates they drop the discount to 25% - that certainly does not promote brand loyalty

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 934 [Revered Pioneer]
    same done by microsoft apple
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    edited June 18
    Hi @4Time

If your unit was sold with lifetime Map updates then maybe @VikramK can confirm whether that is going to still be honoured for your unit like the similarly sold obsolete car devices are. You will not be able to purchase maps or any subscriptions or get OP updates.

Doug
  • 4Time4Time Posts: 32 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi @DougLap
    Thanks for your comment, yes the unit was sold with lifetime map updates, I will keep my fingers crossed whilst I wait for @VikramK comment - but not holding my breath
    do you have map 10.70 on device
    Rider1rider, yes I have Europe_West v1070.10874 loaded, which I think are the current maps
    then update is on
    not stopped
    10.70latest mappi
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,558 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hello
    The answer interests me is it possible to have a response from the moderator
    thank you.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    Hello all

Map updates are active.
    There is no definite answer as to when the updates could stop. More information available here

We are still designing map cuts for certain EOL models, so we have continued rolling out new map updates.

Thank you,
    Vikram
    Hi Vikam,
    Thank you for the update, I had downloaded the v.10.70 maps prior to receiving the warnings and so wasn't sure of the current status.

Here's hoping that my device is on the list of EOL models that TomTom will be able continue rolling out map updates to.