Acoustic signal or vibration when outside threshold — TomTom Community

Acoustic signal or vibration when outside threshold

Gattaccio7Gattaccio7 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
Hi,

during an exercise, the display shows how close I'm, for example, to the right hearbeat.
Is it possibile to have an additional acoustic signal or a vibration so I can avoid to look at the watch all time?

Thanks

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    No, all it will give you is one buzz as you leave the desired zone and another when you come back in. Obviously this will not change as TT Sports went out of business over 3.5 years ago and the watches are now obsolete.
  • Gattaccio7Gattaccio7 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

It would be absolutely enough but there is no buzz when I leave or enter the working zone right now. Is there some option to activate that, which I cannot find?

Thanks again
    Superusers
    You can try a factory reset. Do you get the buzz at any other time, like if you set an alarm?
  • Gattaccio7Gattaccio7 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    The vibration function works, for example when I press a button or when the alarm rings. When I'm doing an exercise, instead, only looking at the dispay I can see if my heartbeat or speed are inside the wanted range. If there isn't any option to deactivate that, it means that it doesn't work righ now, I guess. With a factory reset can I re-sync my online profile with all my data?

Thank you
    Superusers
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.