US - Canada Tom Tom app — TomTom Community

US - Canada Tom Tom app

CanadaEHCanadaEH Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hello,

I purchased the US - Canada Tom Tom app on my phone for $100+ and have had it for for many years. After the latest iPhone iSO 14.6 update, I am no longer able to open the app. When I try to open the app, the message:

“US - Canada needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it for it to work with this version of iOS.”

When I try to search the app in Apple store, I can no longer find it. I see the newer version from Tom Tom that would require subscription and more payment.

Could someone please help? Will the developer update the app? I have attached a screenshot of the message I get when I try to use the app.

Thanks a bunch! yqtgg04a2rou.jpeg

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @CanadaEH

There are no phone lines working since the start of the current crisis.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,349
    Superusers
    @VikramK

Can you look into this problem please?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,369 Moderator
    Hi @CanadaEH

Welcome to the Community! We have a user (@nigelbbb) who still has the Old TomTom Navigation app (1st Gen) working fine with iOS14. We removed the old TomTom Navigation from the AppStore. The first generation app you’re referring to, we are no longer able to support and no longer offer updates for. It was replaced by GO Mobile App and now it's in the 3rd generation, i.e. Go Navigation App.

If you wish to use the new Go Navigation App, please get in touch with our support and see if they can help you with this one. You can either start a live chat or send them an email.

Best, lampard
  • CanadaEHCanadaEH Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lampard,

Yes I would like to get in touch with your support. Could you please send me the link to the live chat or the email address? Sorry I’m new to this site and have a bit of trouble navigating.

Thank you!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @CanadaEH

There are no phone lines working since the start of the current crisis.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 63 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @CanadaEH

Welcome to the Community! We have a user (@nigelbbb) who still has the Old TomTom Navigation app (1st Gen) working fine with iOS14. We removed the old TomTom Navigation from the AppStore. The first generation app you’re referring to, we are no longer able to support and no longer offer updates for. It was replaced by GO Mobile App and now it's in the 3rd generation, i.e. Go Navigation App.

According to About in the app I have TomTom app v1.29 App version 8.300 (2863348) Map: 'Western_Europe' v995.8547. This is working perfectly on iOS 14.6 with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I bought this app for my iPhone 3GS which I think was originally running iOS 3.

It's pretty amazing that an app I bought 10 years ago is still working & still useful. Like many users I was perfectly happy with the original version of the TomTom iPhone app & I don't think the current version has any features useful to me that aren't present in the original version. It does of course still have the 'Always take fastest route' option but without live Traffic support that's not useful. When it was announced that the original app was EOL I bought several years of Traffic support & this was still updating & working correctly when my subscriptions expired & I was forced to use the new TomTom GO navigation app.
  • CanadaEHCanadaEH Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for all your responses.

I managed to get in touch with a support rep via live chat (thanks @DougLap !). So there is basically nothing they can do about the old version of TomTom as they had taken the app down per Apple guidelines. The rep nicely offered me 3 yrs of free subscription for the new app. I still would rather have the old app back, but I guess I’ll be moving to the new app now.

@nigelbbb I completely agree with you and many other users, I was perfectly happy with how the old TomTom app ran. I can’t even get into the app to check which version I have.