Spark 3 doesn't work after a swimming — TomTom Community

Spark 3 doesn't work after a swimming

Yesterday swimming in a pool, the menu begun to change by itself, and finally the screen is like the picture, I think that the wacht have died. 1e0yimcq2b8b.jpeg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    The seal must have worn out and water got it. You can try and let it dry out fully (stick it in some rice) and see if it helps or try a factory reset, but it is most likely dead. It is out of warranty and TT Sports has been out f business for over 3.5 years so it is time for a new watch from another brand.
  • NicolasurfNicolasurf Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    same problem. in two devices. I think it is a factory flaw in the devices, after one or two years the water goes in in the clock and stop working.
    Superusers
    Nicolasurf wrote: »
    same problem. in two devices. I think it is a factory flaw in the devices, after one or two years the water goes in in the clock and stop working.

Could be, they went out of business for a reason.
  • ClarabelleClarabelle Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi, have any of you used your Tom Tom Spark 3 for open water swimming? Thanks in advance
    Superusers
    Clarabelle wrote: »
    Hi, have any of you used your Tom Tom Spark 3 for open water swimming? Thanks in advance

The only way it will work is if you use it in freestyle mode with the watch above water on safety buoy behind you or in your cap. If it is on your wrist it will lose GPS every time it goes underwater so you will get a very poor track, which leaving it above water remedies. The downside is you will lose any stroke related swimming metrics.