Deliveries regularly to wrong address

Jester27
Jester27 Registered Users Posts: 12
Master Explorer
bit frustrated! Amazon amongst other delivery companies are using TomTom maps and are sending 50% of my home deliveries to the same 1st line address but in a different village 4miles away, and with a completely different postcode.
Our postcode is sending them to the other address. Is there a way of fixing this?

Best Answers

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,113
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Think it might be a problem with the garbling of the two post codes
    as map share holds
    3 Emery Close, Welton, Daventry, CV23, NN11,GBR
    3 Emery Close, Kilsby, Rugby, CV23,GBR

So I have reported all the properties coverd by the two mixed up postcodes
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Jester27

Just checked the Postcode on the Tomtom GO Navigation App, Go Camper and a GO Discover all with the latest Maps and all show the same position for the Postcode you have indicated ie Emery Close in Kilsby off Malt Green. I have checked the Mapshare Website and that shows the same result.

The Go Nav App and Discover units use the NTS maps and the GO Camper uses the old style maps and are the 2 Maps systems that would be on a TT as sold to the general public.Apple Maps and Google indicate the same address position.

Doug

Answers

• Jester27
    Master Explorer
    other nav systems are OK, we have isolated it to TomTom maps.
    We nearly had a passport delivered there this morning from the passport office, and the other house resident are currently on Holiday. Luckily a neighbour with a key spoke to the delivery driver and the realised that it was the wrong village and he delivered to us instead.
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    oh, another side effect is that because Amazon use TomTom maps, Alexa always refers to us as in the other village!! liek for example, weather is reported as the other village location
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

Are you able to post your postcode so I can see were it suggests the destination is.

Doug
  • Niall
    Superuser
    edited June 2021
    @Jester27 check where the mapshare places the postcode
    https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare
    If it is not correct zoom in to you own house and click, then using the "other" option select "postcode" from the dropdown list, enter your postcode in the "comments" box and attach a snip from the map produced by https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    sure, my postcode is CV23 8ZA, I am at 3 Emery Close, Kilsby, but deliveries go to 3 Emery Close, Welton,
    Mapshare locates me in the right place, however a search puts Welton 1st svm064k8fiic.png
    it's possible that it does not find it as the map shows as Emery Row. 50o08rm83hr3.png
    There is an Emery row, the 1st 3 houses of Malt Green, and if I zoom in it finds Emery Close 1kl5anonidaf.png
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    Niall, Postcode seemed to be missing, so have added as you suggested, thanks
  • Niall
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Think it might be a problem with the garbling of the two post codes
    as map share holds
    3 Emery Close, Welton, Daventry, CV23, NN11,GBR
    3 Emery Close, Kilsby, Rugby, CV23,GBR

So I have reported all the properties coverd by the two mixed up postcodes
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    Thanks! 👍
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27 @Niall

Definitely something wrong as if I input NN11 2EN which is the Post offices Postcode for 3 Emery Close Welton Daventry into my GO5200 it sends me to the same position as if I enter the post offices Postcode CV23 8ZA which is supposed to be in Kilsby and is a turning off the B4028

Doug
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    Thanks Doug, that would definitely explain why half my deliveries go to Welton.
    I moved to Kilsby in October ‘20, finally in the last 2weeks, have been visited by family. My parents and both my brothers all went to Welton first despite my warnings! 😂
    This was the final straw to take action, checking what maps they use, checking with recent delivery drivers over the last few months confirmed it pointed to TomTom maps, and now I think we have found the reason. It will be amazing if we can fix it! Thanks so much all!!!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

Have you noticed that if you put the 2 postcodes I mention in Google Earth that they go to the correct places. However if you search "3 Emery Close Kilsby" it takes you to the wrong one.

Doug
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for all your help, issue is fixed and the correct location is being found on Mapshare.
    Brilliant! Thanks again 👍👍👍👍
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • stuartmorley
    stuartmorley Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Jester27 wrote: »
    bit frustrated! Amazon amongst other delivery companies are using TomTom maps and are sending 50% of my home deliveries to the same 1st line address but in a different village 4miles away, and with a completely different postcode.
    Our postcode is sending them to the other address. Is there a way of fixing this?

I'm having the same issue. Used to only be Amazon but now my Mercedes Sat Nav goes the wrong way. My issue is that between my house and a local lane Bishops Lane is a field and Tom Tom thinks their is access across the field ! - My correct address is fine if people use the postal address. How do I correct it.
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,089
    Superuser
    Hi Stuart, if you send me some more details of the location and problem by private message, I'll see if I can report it properly. If you want to try yourself, you can always use the 'Other' category to describe the issue. Perhaps the 'address point' is incorrect (the location where persons should be routed for a certain place/address.
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    My correct address is fine if people use the postal address. How do I correct it.

you have tried the coordinates / latitude / longitude
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    well, all seemed OK, until about 6months ago. Many of our deliveries are being diverted again to Welton!

Can someone check the maps for me please? I can't seem to be able to check MapShare to see where CV23 8ZA is sending you. Kilsby (correct) or Welton (wrong). We have had deliveries cancelled because Amazon drivers can't be bothered to go to the right address, and TBH quite rude on the phone, accusing us of putting in the wrong address and postcode!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Jester27

Just checked the Postcode on the Tomtom GO Navigation App, Go Camper and a GO Discover all with the latest Maps and all show the same position for the Postcode you have indicated ie Emery Close in Kilsby off Malt Green. I have checked the Mapshare Website and that shows the same result.

The Go Nav App and Discover units use the NTS maps and the GO Camper uses the old style maps and are the 2 Maps systems that would be on a TT as sold to the general public.Apple Maps and Google indicate the same address position.

Doug
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    Ah, thanks for checking Doug, really appreciate it.
    Ok, must be from some other source.

Doug, or anyone, any thoughts on why Amazon might be still going to Welton? Any advice on next steps please?

I add a note already at the bottom of all my orders, but sometimes gets ignored.

Cheers!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

If you download the free Tomtom Amigo App to you phone you will get the same result on that.

Doug
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    edited April 27
    Ah, got that now thanks Doug, as you say, everything is pointing to the correct place 👍

Maybe delivery driver maps are not being updated? Is this plausible and all will correct itself in time?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

My NTS map based devices are updated weekly with a full update every month. The units with the other Map system are updated quarterly and the next issue is due in May. I have no idea what Amazon are using or when they were last updated.

What I find odd is that if you go to the Royal Mail postcode finder page and input Emery Close it does not list the one in Kilsby although the one in Welton is listed but has a very different postcode ie NN11 2EN. However if you input 3 Emery Close your address is included in the list of possibilities and with the correct Postcode. Whilst corrections can appear in mapshare it can take months for the correct data to then appear on the TT maps. The current released maps are clearly correct but I have no idea when they were ever corrected on a map issue.

I would certainly ask Amazon why they deliver your parcels to a an address with a totally different postcode and ask what compensation are they going to offer for the inconvenience to you and the incorrect receiver for the numerous occasions it has happened.

Doug
  • Jester27
    Master Explorer
    Fantastic, thanks Doug. ⭐️