Deliveries regularly to wrong address — TomTom Community

Deliveries regularly to wrong address

Jester27Jester27 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
bit frustrated! Amazon amongst other delivery companies are using TomTom maps and are sending 50% of my home deliveries to the same 1st line address but in a different village 4miles away, and with a completely different postcode.
Our postcode is sending them to the other address. Is there a way of fixing this?

Best Answer

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,951
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Think it might be a problem with the garbling of the two post codes
    as map share holds
    3 Emery Close, Welton, Daventry, CV23, NN11,GBR
    3 Emery Close, Kilsby, Rugby, CV23,GBR

So I have reported all the properties coverd by the two mixed up postcodes

Answers

• Jester27Jester27 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    other nav systems are OK, we have isolated it to TomTom maps.
    We nearly had a passport delivered there this morning from the passport office, and the other house resident are currently on Holiday. Luckily a neighbour with a key spoke to the delivery driver and the realised that it was the wrong village and he delivered to us instead.
    oh, another side effect is that because Amazon use TomTom maps, Alexa always refers to us as in the other village!! liek for example, weather is reported as the other village location
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

Are you able to post your postcode so I can see were it suggests the destination is.

Doug
    Superuser
    edited June 16
    @Jester27 check where the mapshare places the postcode
    https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare
    If it is not correct zoom in to you own house and click, then using the "other" option select "postcode" from the dropdown list, enter your postcode in the "comments" box and attach a snip from the map produced by https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode
    sure, my postcode is CV23 8ZA, I am at 3 Emery Close, Kilsby, but deliveries go to 3 Emery Close, Welton,
    Mapshare locates me in the right place, however a search puts Welton 1st svm064k8fiic.png
    it's possible that it does not find it as the map shows as Emery Row. 50o08rm83hr3.png
    There is an Emery row, the 1st 3 houses of Malt Green, and if I zoom in it finds Emery Close 1kl5anonidaf.png
    Niall, Postcode seemed to be missing, so have added as you suggested, thanks
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Think it might be a problem with the garbling of the two post codes
    as map share holds
    3 Emery Close, Welton, Daventry, CV23, NN11,GBR
    3 Emery Close, Kilsby, Rugby, CV23,GBR

So I have reported all the properties coverd by the two mixed up postcodes
    Thanks! 👍
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27 @Niall

Definitely something wrong as if I input NN11 2EN which is the Post offices Postcode for 3 Emery Close Welton Daventry into my GO5200 it sends me to the same position as if I enter the post offices Postcode CV23 8ZA which is supposed to be in Kilsby and is a turning off the B4028

Doug
    Thanks Doug, that would definitely explain why half my deliveries go to Welton.
    I moved to Kilsby in October ‘20, finally in the last 2weeks, have been visited by family. My parents and both my brothers all went to Welton first despite my warnings! 😂
    This was the final straw to take action, checking what maps they use, checking with recent delivery drivers over the last few months confirmed it pointed to TomTom maps, and now I think we have found the reason. It will be amazing if we can fix it! Thanks so much all!!!
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

Have you noticed that if you put the 2 postcodes I mention in Google Earth that they go to the correct places. However if you search "3 Emery Close Kilsby" it takes you to the wrong one.

Doug
    Thanks for all your help, issue is fixed and the correct location is being found on Mapshare.
    Brilliant! Thanks again 👍👍👍👍
    Superuser
    Hi @Jester27

Glad you are sorted.

Doug