Map is corrupted — TomTom Community

Map is corrupted

The map which came with my TomTom Go Basic is reported by My Drive Connect to be corrupted (how can that be?) I tried to de-install the map via the app but only get the error message "Our servers are busy" . The app offers to upload the protocols but after the 5th time it tells me that 5 uploads are the maximum TomTom accepts per day.
I don't find any way to obtain support directly from TomTom, apart from a stupid bot teaching me how to download a map - tell me about artificial intelligence.
I have no chance to simply download the map to the TomTom. I tried the internal storage but this does not offer sufficient space. and also the SD card, which is not accepted as target.
Regarding the poor support from TomTom: Can anybody in this forum help?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,267
    Superuser
    edited June 14
    Hi @Okavango

If you have inserted a Micro SD Class 10 extra memory card , Max32gb, have you then formatted it for Maps on the GO Basic. I have not got a GO Basic so can you advise are you only offered a Full Europe Map or are you able to download Parts of Europe.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in then Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • OkavangoOkavango Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks a lot, Doug.
    The map is downloading now, and allthough it has not yet finished, it's running lonnger than before - which I take to be a good sign.
    I'll post the way I pursued in this forum if the actual download yields a non-corrupted map.
  • OkavangoOkavango Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks a lot, Doug.
    The map is downloading now, and allthough it has not yet finished, it's running lonnger than before - which I take to be a good sign.
    I'll post the way I pursued in this forum if the actual download yields a non-corrupted map.