speed camera updates

Säätäjä
Säätäjä Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My navigator does not show speed cameras. Speed camera updates activation request payment? My navigator has lifetime speed camera updates! The error has already been promised to be corrected once, but still the situation is the same! Where can I get help?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Finnish)

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @Säätäjä

Have you been receiving Speed Camera Updates to download.

Doug
  • Säätäjä
    Apprentice Traveler
    I'm not ! the navigator notifies me that the updates are up to date on my TomTom device.
    The TomTom website reports that speed cameras have not been activated
    A fee is required for activation
  • Säätäjä
    Apprentice Traveler
    Your navigator should have an upgrade to free speed cameras. Upgrading MydriweConnect in the app requires a fee to upgrade the speed camera. The previous contact said. There is a problem with our site and our ECom team has been notified. They are working on it, and this matter will be resolved as soon as possible. A week has passed! Nothing has happened.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Säätäjä

Let us see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    edited June 2021
    Hi @Säätäjä
    Your TomTom has speed cameras updates for the lifetime of the device.
    Are you seeing the error on the account page as shown in the image here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750237/#Comment_1750237

That banner(showing speed cameras deactivated) was supposed to be removed last week. At least, it should not show for devices that come with lifetime updates.

Could you share a screenshot, and I can forward that to the team?

To fix the issue with speed camera alerts not working, I would recommend that you do a factory reset and test it when you drive next time.

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favourites on the device, you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram
  • Machfather
    Machfather Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited June 2021
    Hi. I see that my rider has v5.0 installed, but the latest available is v10.7 I think. I use wifi for updates. When I turn on the device, it says it’s up to date. I can’t download the latest speed camera version.
    Also, the last time I rode, I didn’t get any speed camera warnings even though I passed several cameras. I checked the device and the warning settings are all turned on.
    I was tricked into purchasing the camera subscription, but after seeing this thread saying I should have lifetime updates, I cancelled my subscription to the updates.
    How can I make sure that my device is updated and working properly?
    Thanks
    483mgng240ac.png

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

• Russellgray
    Russellgray Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I live in Victoria Australia and I receive Tom Tom Speed Camera Updates. I recently drove to New South Wales [NSW] Australia and noticed that there were many speed cameras in NSW that my Tom Tom did not detect, WHY?
  • 10qlate
    10qlate Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 2021
    I bought the Camper model (ZAxxxxxxx03) and removed my former VIA 135 (BPxxxxxxxxxx22). I understand I should have lifetime speed cameras in my new model. Is it so? The info screen says "Speed updates ended"?

I had the monthly update order with my VIA 135 which I ended as not needed any more. Last night i received a copy of a bill:

Laskun päiväys: 22/07/2021
    Laskunumero: 9508110769
    Maksun tila: Paid
    TomTomin ALV-tunnus: NL800765679B01

InvoiceAddress
    TAMPERE
    Finland
    What is this all about???

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @10qlate

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and can check your Camper units settings on the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back here then to see what they say.

Regarding your Monthly Order I suggest that you log into your account on the mani Tomtom webpage https://www.tomtom.com/fi_fi/navigation/ and there you can find your subscriptions and have the facility to stop them.

If you cannot sort them there then you need to talk to Customer Support.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @10qlate

Welcome to the community!
    The embedded service was not activated for your device. My team has made some changes that will manually activate the service, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • 10qlate
    10qlate Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer
    Today I drove and speed cameras were on. Thank you!