Family sharing Apple and Android? — TomTom Community

Family sharing Apple and Android?

RoBe59RoBe59 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,

I am using Apple Family sharing. My family is also using Apple Music on Apple devices and Android devices. That is working perfectly.
But TomTom Family sharing only works on Apple devices and not on Android devices. So, why is that? It is not an Apple issue (Apple music works fine), but it is an TomTom issue?

Best regards,

Robert

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,369 Moderator
    Hi @RoBe59

Welcome to the Community! Have a look at the below response here:
    grantstew wrote: »
    The recurring subscriptions on the GO App are dealt with by the platform stores, so if you have a subscription on Huawei, Android or iOS, they are non-transferrable. You can move your subscription to a different phone, but not to a different platform.

Best, lampard
  • RoBe59RoBe59 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

OK, the platform stores are different. But Apple Music is also coming from the Android store and works fine on Android phones (with Apple Family). So it should be possible to do the same with the ToTom GO app?

Best regards,

Robert
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    RoBe59 wrote: »
    Hi,

OK, the platform stores are different. But Apple Music is also coming from the Android store and works fine on Android phones (with Apple Family). So it should be possible to do the same with the ToTom GO app?

Best regards,

Robert

I asked the team for the response about Apple Family and Android apps from Apple.
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • fmferreira51fmferreira51 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited July 16
    This is also my problem. I want to share on an in-car multimedia device whose platform is Android that doesn't have Apple CarPlay.

Machine translated from Portugese!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,383
    Community Manager
    Family Sharing is an Apple App Store subscription that is not available using Google Play.

Please also note that the app is meant for mobile phones and we do not test installations on in-dash systems.