Time support for tomtom go 520 wifi — TomTom Community

Time support for tomtom go 520 wifi

Baba007Baba007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,
Can someone please tell me for how long will this device tomtom go 520 wifi , will be supported ?

Thank you

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,267
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Baba007

The big unanswerable question. 😂

Tomtom are still providing maps for units that are circa 10 years old that were sold with lifetime maps. The units otherwise declared obsolete are those with circa 2gb or less internal memory and in many instances do not have the option to add extra memory. The maps and op system have got too big for these old units. Your unit has 16gb of internal memory and the extra memory facility so like you I hope they will be supported for many years yet.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,267
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Baba007

The big unanswerable question. 😂

Tomtom are still providing maps for units that are circa 10 years old that were sold with lifetime maps. The units otherwise declared obsolete are those with circa 2gb or less internal memory and in many instances do not have the option to add extra memory. The maps and op system have got too big for these old units. Your unit has 16gb of internal memory and the extra memory facility so like you I hope they will be supported for many years yet.

Doug
  • Baba007Baba007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you, hope it stay for many years , but your answear make me happy and no worry.
    ☺️☺️☺️
  • amichaelisamichaelis Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    edited July 7
    tomtom go 520 traffic information does not work, the traffic information is displayed on the WIFI network at home, which of course does not help. My cell phone is connected via Bluetooth, I'm locked in - Settings / Info shows Connected - and only works sometimes, mostly not at all.

Mod edit: Machine translated (German)