TomTom 6250 Truck How to enter the address in the application on the phone using GPS coordinates?

Adam1_9_6_9
Adam1_9_6_9 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
How to enter the destination address in the application on the phone using GPS coordinates? The TomTom 6250 does this. Probably not the application on the phone .... Entering the address only in the application is not always effective. I then use Google Earth and transfer the GPS coordinates to my TomTom device. The application does not accept this. What am I doing wrong?

Adam.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Polish)

Comments

• Adam1_9_6_9
    Adam1_9_6_9 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited June 2021
    The TomTom 6250 shows you the alternative route. I do not confirm this choice. Navigation itself leads an alternative route without my consent. In the system settings: Ask first. She had been doing it a few times before. In a big city, this is a big problem.

Adam.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Polish)
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,828
     Superuser
    edited June 2021
    Hi
    @Adam1_9_6_9
    Google Translate....
    The TomTom 6250 shows you an alternative route. I do not confirm this choice. Navigation itself leads an alternative route without my consent. In the system settings: Ask first. She had been doing it a few times before. In a big city, this is a big problem.
    Is the device setup as Option... (2) The device will always ask you before taking the Fastest route....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning....
    The 1st Section of the Route planning Menu Screen applies when you have already planned a route, and you are driving the Route
    On the Live Tomtom Devices 'When a faster route become available' the device will....
    Option... (1) = Don't ask me... Always take the Fastest route
    Option... (2) = Always ask me... Before taking the Fastest route
    Option... (3) = Don't ask me at all... Stick to the planned Route

Route planning screen... Section (1)
    kxgfxxwo4v6x.jpg
    The 2nd Section of the Route planning Menu is the default Route planning type for ALL Route planning
    Option... (1) = Fastest route
    Option... (2) = Shortest route
    Option... (3) = Most eco-friendly route
    Etc... Etc...

Route planning screen... Section (2)
    2xefqogbgcgx.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM