No maps found — TomTom Community

No maps found

Trying to update my Go 500 ended in a time-wasting nightmare. Logged in to my TomTom account, MyDriveConnect downloaded the new map, began installing and after hours showed the message that the device was not responding. On the device I had the fateful message "Keine Karten verfügbar" (no maps found.) Guess the basis map on the device is corrupted and needs to be re-installed before the update can be installed. Please add the basis map to my account.

Best Answers

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,440
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    HI
    @Zwiebelkuchen79
    Welcome to the site....
    On the early NAV4 devices with 8GB of memory...
    The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators can allocate a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Tomtom FAQ... No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Zwiebelkuchen79Zwiebelkuchen79 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    4 days since I posted and still no map. YamFazMan, thanks for answering, I sent a message to VikramK but all I got till now is the title of Apprentice seeker and I can't load that onto my device... catch22v.2 is that I gave you the "yes" (question answered) so that obviously the moderators don't worry about my question any more...
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,984
    Superusers
    Hi @Zwiebelkuchen79

You can try to contact the support. Maybe there you get help faster.
    How to contact the Support i have discribed here in the german part of this Forum.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1722150#Comment_1722150
    please also note the red text

Ich drücke mal die Daumen ;)
    edited June 15
    Hello Lochfrass,

thanks for the hint. In the meantime I had sent a PM to one of the moderators (VikramK), maybe something else will happen, otherwise I'll follow the path you described. On the whole, however, this support organization at TomTom has become quite underground, off-putting, off-putting; when I bought my first satnav (Go Live 1000), it wasn't that bad.

Mod edit: Machine translated(German)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zwiebelkuchen79
    Welcome to the community! I asked my team to review the download logs, it seems there are pending downloads stuck in the queue.
    These downloads have to complete or fail, so it would be advised to keep the device connected.

Please see the explanation provided under Case 3.1 in the article here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found#latest

Regards, Vikram
    I studied Case 3.1, could not open the link there (strange behaviour, jump sites etc. - site under attack?) but I ended up with an updated device. The solution was updating one thing after the other. Lesson learned. Thank you very much!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,440
    Superusers
    edited June 15
    Hi
    @Zwiebelkuchen79
    +1... I always update my devices one update at a time....
    If a NavCore Application or QuickFixGPS updates are available to install, Tomtom force tick the selection box...
    Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete, update the remaining items one at a time....
    This will help to prevent a Log-Jam effect on the Tomtom Servers if something go wrong with one of the updates... Then the Server only has to wait for one update file to Timeout....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM