how do i report a postcode error — TomTom Community

how do i report a postcode error

sintvsintv Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
edited June 10 in Map quality
Although when I go to mapshare the postcode is correct, if I input postcode into tomtom, it comes up as about 2 mls away in next village

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    edited June 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @sintv

Report it via Mapshare Reporter explaining where it is displayed correcly but that it is not Correct on your TT device XXXXX

Could you indicate the Postcode concerned here?

Doug
  • sintvsintv Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    KY48DP takes you to Crossgates but it should be Hill of Beath
    Accepted Answer
    Tx iv reported it. Was the same on previous Tomtom
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sintv

What map version do you have on your GO520. The latest is 10.70.

I have just tried it on a GO5200/Go Camper/Go Discovery and in the TT App and all indicate a position on Main Street just before the turning into Swintons Place and not Crossgates the other side of the A92

Doug
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sintv

Ah I was too quick. I see now that the GO5200 and GO Camper both say Crossgates as in your picture but if you go to the Map resulting position is where I said and not in Crossgates which I think is South of the A92.

Do you also notice that when you accept the Main Street position offered if you Tap the Destination on the map it says Main Street Hill of Beath.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    edited June 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @sintv

Report it via Mapshare Reporter explaining where it is displayed correcly but that it is not Correct on your TT device XXXXX

Could you indicate the Postcode concerned here?

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    KY48DP takes you to Crossgates but it should be Hill of Beath
    Accepted Answer
    Tx iv reported it. Was the same on previous Tomtom
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sintv

What map version do you have on your GO520. The latest is 10.70.

I have just tried it on a GO5200/Go Camper/Go Discovery and in the TT App and all indicate a position on Main Street just before the turning into Swintons Place and not Crossgates the other side of the A92

Doug
    Weird. 10.70 map but definitely says Crossgates when I input postcode
    ap15zifgo2vr.jpg

Hope that works
    Reason it's annoying is cos it's my postcode and iv had to go to Crossgates and collect packages that have been left at a door there.
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sintv

Ah I was too quick. I see now that the GO5200 and GO Camper both say Crossgates as in your picture but if you go to the Map resulting position is where I said and not in Crossgates which I think is South of the A92.

Do you also notice that when you accept the Main Street position offered if you Tap the Destination on the map it says Main Street Hill of Beath.

Doug
    Yeah I see what you mean but it certainly took me to Crossgates as well lol. Iv had a few delivery drivers getting lost. I now tell them to input Swintons place and find me from there. Thanks for your help