TomTom GO Expert

Jürgen
Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,298
Community Manager
edited June 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Today we announced the TomTom GO Expert as the new PND for the large vehicle range.
dmj7iv6bgx9g.png
The GO Expert is based on the GO Discover platform. It will be a smartphone connected device using NDS maps including new large vehicle features. It will be available in 6" and 7". It will be launched in Europe and in the summer in North America. No launch is planned for APAC.
uvkfqywkq4au.png

Some of the features:
  • (NEW) Truck, coach, van and car routing (Improved ADR Tunnel / UN Class restrictions)
  • (NEW) Zones warnings, City Ban Routing, Restrictions Warnings
  • (NEW) Moving lane guidance
  • POI improvement (Weigh station, Truck Wash, Truck Dealers)
abak8mgzun33.png

The 6-Inch and 7-Inch TomTom GO Expert is available in Europe on TomTom.com, and at selected e-tailers and in-store for € 399,99 (6”) / €449,99 (7”). The 7-Inch 4G sim-connected version of the TomTom GO Expert is expected to become available later this year.

Link to the press release

User manual

Comments

• vandepwv
    vandepwv Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    I was testing the Go Discover 7" but can't buy it because it is missing the ability to load 3th party POI's (in my case specifically camper-places and campings).
    I guess the Go Expert 7" is missing this ability also ?
    Can anyone confirm this ?
  • Constantin87
    Constantin87 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    Not a bad move as the 6250 was way and way outdated. The better idea would be to add hgv maps to the tomtom go app, with the proper subscription price and I don't think anyone would use anything else.
  • Dazbat
    Dazbat Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've currently got the Tomtom 6250, I wondered if this would be an upgrade to get the go expert.
    As I have traffic update for free and no data terthering would any of the new Tomtom Go Expert now have the sim card available now when I buy if not how long before it was available with it.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,887
    Revered Voyager
    The 7-inch Go expert with a Sim card is scheduled for fall
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,298
    Community Manager
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel the expected TomTom GO Expert 4G sim-connected version, due to the global shortage of semi-conductors. But that hasn’t slowed us down. We’re currently working on developing new solutions to give you even better large vehicle navigation in the future.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hello
    thank you for the information.
  • Greg999
    Greg999 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel the expected TomTom GO Expert 4G sim-connected version, due to the global shortage of semi-conductors. But that hasn’t slowed us down. We’re currently working on developing new solutions to give you even better large vehicle navigation in the future.

When you say that the 4G version has been cancelled do you mean that it won't be manufactured at all or is production just delayed? Thank you.
  • RuyPedro
    RuyPedro Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited November 2021

When you say the 4G version has been cancelled, do you mean it won't be manufactured or production was just delayed? Thanks.

When is there any news?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Portuguese)
  • padiuk99
    padiuk99 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    When will the TomTom GO Expert 4G be released?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,958
     Superuser
    Hi
    @padiuk99
    padiuk99 wrote: »
    When will the TomTom GO Expert 4G be released?
    Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel the expected TomTom GO Expert 4G SIM connected version, due to the global shortage of semiconductors. But that hasn’t slowed us down. We’re currently working on developing new solutions to give you even better large vehicle navigation in the future.
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • herrmonsieur
    herrmonsieur Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Will the sim card be cancelled like my current lifetime Tomtom? How can we customer trust Tomtom ?
    Tomtom emailed:
    For several years now, you have been using a TomTom GO 5100 on the move. It is getting harder and harder for us to support all of the services included on older TomTom sat navs like yours. This is why we will end support for your GPS built-in SIM card in 14 days. Your GPS will continue to work but you will no longer receive TomTom services through its built-in SIM card, including traffic and traffic information. Speed Camera updates.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    The Go Expert does not have a Sim card
  • orlona1
    orlona1 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Why does Go Expert 7 not show parking lots (savages) in the sidebar as it is in 6250? I marked all possible options and, unfortunately, it shows only FUEL AND AUTOHOPY SATIONS only on the map on the sidebar

Mod edit: Machine translated (Polish)
  • orlona1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Why doesn't Go Expert 7 show parking lots (savages) in the sidebar like in TT 6250? I marked all possible options and, unfortunately, it shows only FUEL STATIONS and AUTOHOFY on the sidebar, parking lots are shown only on the map.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,940
    Superuser
    Hi @orlona1

Not got a GO Expert but based on the GO Discover if you:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Map and Display
    Tap Side Bar

Do you then have Parking selected there?

Doug
  • orlona1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 3
    ON THE SIDE STRIP DOES NOT SHOW PARKINGS ONLY FUEL STATIONS AND PAID AUTOHOFF PARKINGS

• orlona1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 3
    THE SELECTED parking lot on the map IS NOT visible in the SIDEBAR

358zod2e6lby.jpg

• orlona1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 3
    IT IS NOT SHOWN ON THE SIDE STRIP
  • orlona1
    Apprentice Seeker
    5z3h6ejh73k1.jpg
    3emwtcp3ff5n.jpg
  • orlona1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 3
    NO ORDINARY PARKING ON THE SIDE STRIP

p2o09d8hhi4z.jpg
  • Redflash
    Redflash Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    edited February 18
    DougLap
    Don't mislead a colleague, in GO Expert there is no option to enable Resting Places (savages) in the sidebar. I wrote to support and got these responses:
    Rope (TomTom)
    16 Feb 2022, 15:11 CET
    "The rest area in our device base are travel service areas for passenger cars.

Most of these rest areas are not suitable for large vehicles due to their size and other restrictions. This is the reason why the rest area is blocked for large vehicles such as trucks.

Instead, we offer stations for trucks."
    As you can see Lina is thickly mistaken as she hasn't even seen such car parks, besides as colleague orlona1 himself pointed out in the TT6250 version there was such an option, as well as in the version built into the Mercedes Acros MP4 (truck profile) there is such an option, but TomTom further claims "
    Rope (TomTom)

17 Feb 2022, 19:53 CET

Dear TomTom customer,

Thank you for your feedback. This is not possible in this new update. We have registered your suggestion and it will be passed on to our developers and product managers. Please note that while we are very happy to receive suggested improvements to our products, we cannot guarantee if or when your suggestion will be implemented.

You may also consider posting your idea on our discussion forum so that other TomTom users can see your feedback. The more requested a feature is, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Feel free to contact us for additional assistance. Have a great day!"

These are not suggestions just deleting a feature that was available and taking it away, and instead they put in a not needed bus parking option (new update).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @orlona1

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Map and Display
    Tap Side Bar

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @orlona1

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Map and Display
    Tap Side Bar

Doug

• Bendul
    Bendul Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    i have the same problem because there are many new parking spaces in germany that don't appear in the sidebar and they were made almost exclusively for trucks and are suitable for going to the toilet i think that was a purchase decision for me back then and i miss it a lot
  • szkubi
    szkubi Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited March 21
    Go expert without travel service points in the truck profile is simply useless in the highest option you should see all parking lots and you could have a choice, not that someone lays me those parking lots that the developer considers suitable for this paid speed cameras and the lack of a sim card simply resigns from it devices

• Ventci
    Ventci Registered Users Posts: 22
    Master Explorer
    I use go expert 6. I am very disappointed. Main roads avoided. It gives me a detour with 200/300 kilometers more! This is crazy work. From Innsbrick to Munich it takes me through Swiss ...
  • Ventci
    Ventci Registered Users Posts: 22
    Master Explorer
    4f4b9o9ktwz5.jpeg