TomTom Go iPhone, speed cam alerts when no route? — TomTom Community

TomTom Go iPhone, speed cam alerts when no route?

TTuser44TTuser44 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Looking at getting TT Go for iPhone for us in my car via CarPlay.

I believe that they include speed camera alerts free within the in app purchase, and are updated free for the length of your subscription?

Without planning a route, eg going too and from work, to shopping centre, does it still give you speed cam alerts on the route over CarPlay?

I want speed cam alerts even without a planned route, just when general driving about.

Thanks

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    edited June 10
    Hi @TTuser44

The traffic and speed cameras on the GO app are included in the subscription. The app doesn't show speed cameras in the map view, they are shown if a route is planned. But you should also get notifications if you drive past cameras with no route planned. (You can't just pan around the map and see cameras everywhere that are not related to your route)

Best, lampard
  • TTuser44TTuser44 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    That’s what I’m wanting, Alerts when no route planned but driving past one. You say should so is this a feature or it’s not fully working?

Also would I have to open TomTom on CarPlay to make sure every time or will it automatically when I connect to CarPlay?

Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    edited June 10
    You say should so is this a feature or it’s not fully working?
    This is the intended behavior and should work fine.
    would I have to open TomTom on CarPlay to make sure every time or will it automatically when I connect to CarPlay?
    I'm not sure I understand this correctly, do you want the app to start on Carplay automatically? If this is about getting speed camera warnings, the app should be on the screen where you can see the chevron on the route.

Best, lampard