Feature request driving Routes and Tracks. — TomTom Community

Feature request driving Routes and Tracks.

RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
@szachowa as requested the separate thread for improvements driving Routes and Tracks.

When a GPX route or track is uploaded to MyDrive and synced as track to the Go App a lot of information gets lost.
The original GPX file may contain waypoints with important information like planned coffee or lunch location, viewpoints and tank stops. This information is ignored when importing the GPX file in to MyDrive but this is verry useful information to show on the screen and route bar.

When the original GPX File is a Route we lose all the stops. Sadly because this would have been an alternative way to mark the planned coffee or lunch location, viewpoints and tank stops. In the past TomTom also showed this stops on the map when synced as track.

When the original GPX File is a Track the track will be recalculated over accessible roads on the loaded map. The original track is lost.
Also, when you deviate from the calculated route it’s gets recalculated immediately and the original path is lost.
Can we please, please, please get an option to show the original track as a thin overlay on the map so you can see if you are still on the original planned path. I think it best to use a thin bright polyline for this, but even straight lines will be fine. This way is also easer to find an alternative route back to your track in case of a roadblock.
(On my Rider I made a tool to convert a track to POI’s. But the app doesn’t support community POI’s)
f.eu1.jwwb.nl%2Fpublic%2Fn%2Ft%2Fa%2Ftemp-fbapjvdvhglztgjkdoaq%2F8bgbzd%2FRider-1.jpg

When Sending the destinations to the App w can still use routes. But a lot of information gets lost and the route can’t be saved to MyRoutes.
I think it would be better to create Sync as Route option in MyDrive. Then use all the information in MyDrive to open the route. So, the hard Stops will be obligated to visit and the for white soft stops not. Also save the Route preferences in MyDrive also in this route to minimize differences when started.

So, to sum it up.
1. An option to show the original track as a thin overlay line.
2. An option to display the waypoints from a GPX file om the map and route bar.
3. An option to display community POI’s on the map.
4. Bring the feature to show Stops on the screen when driving a track Back.
5. An option to also sync a Route as Route to My Routes and not only tracks.

Best Answer

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, I reported improvement for us GONAV-3430 (internal ticket).

Thank you for the feedback!

At the moment I can't provide any dates, I have put it in the backlog. Hopefully we will have a chance to implement it in the future.

Answers

Staff
    Thanks, I will convert it to improvement!
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, I reported improvement for us GONAV-3430 (internal ticket).

Thank you for the feedback!

At the moment I can't provide any dates, I have put it in the backlog. Hopefully we will have a chance to implement it in the future.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 157 [Revered Navigator]
    +1 Do it TomTom, will be highly appreciated!