First impressions -Android Auto — TomTom Community

First impressions -Android Auto

sholmsholm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
On TOMTOM.COM there is no explanation about connecting to Android Auto?

This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!. 18/5

Comments

• GV_456GV_456 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    sholm wrote: »

@sholm on your Phone open AA, go to settings - customize launcher - activate Tomtom Go.
    I hope this helps you.
  • FrupFrup Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]

GV_456 wrote: »

@sholm on your Phone open AA, go to settings - customize launcher - activate Tomtom Go.
    I hope this helps you.
    In my case TT showed up in AA launcher after resetting my phone.
  • sholmsholm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried the TTGO, and it was nice.
    Wishes:
    The image of the speed is better on Amigo. It looks more professionel on Amigo and is small on GO.
    Sidebar on the right is needed, but you're allready working on that.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 230
    Staff
    Tried the TTGO, and it was nice.
    Wishes:
    The image of the speed is better on Amigo. It looks more professionel on Amigo and is small on GO.
    Sidebar on the right is needed, but you're allready working on that.

I have reported ticket to improve size of speed bubble displayed on Android Auto head unit. I know that it is bigger and better visible in AmiGO.
    TomTom Go seems to miss the local speed limits.
    That is in town areas.
    When I make a route in MyDrive it gets on to my mobile very nicely.
    I have one question:
    On the computer the stops have numbers, but on my mobile they don't.
    Is that someone is working on?
    Staff
    When I make a route in MyDrive it gets on to my mobile very nicely.
    I have one question:
    On the computer the stops have numbers, but on my mobile they don't.
    Is that someone is working on?

Yes, we are aware about this issue.
    I will check what are the plans for numbered waypoints and get back to you.
  • Moreton_MarauderMoreton_Marauder Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    There seem to be serious problems running the App on a Volkswagen. I can not get the sound to work on any of the channels. It fights with the radio or media thats in use, on some channels it fades the music slightly but still no command heard. Very disapointing.
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 11
    There seem to be serious problems running the App on a Volkswagen. I can not get the sound to work on any of the channels. It fights with the radio or media thats in use, on some channels it fades the music slightly but still no command heard. Very disapointing.

I have a VW Polo and it's working all fine with my Samsung S21. I'm using the Music channel
    Staff

Hi, I recommend using here Music channel.
    Could you please check with AmiGO app?

We have this ticket reported for us: GONAV-3280 (internal ticket), which is about cutting off music/radio after there is voice instruction, but we have failed to reproduce it.

Also we reported for us improvement to check if there is a way to make the voice instructions louder. We have it tracked in GONAV-3304 (internal ticket).
  • CcsnetCcsnet Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi... Vw golf 7.5 here... Also got firmware updated to get rid of the Android dhcp problem. I can confirm Amigo works but tomtom does not sound wise as well. Defo setup for the music channel.

Terran
    Staff
    Ccsnet wrote: »
    Hi... Vw golf 7.5 here... Also got firmware updated to get rid of the Android dhcp problem. I can confirm Amigo works but tomtom does not sound wise as well. Defo setup for the music channel.

Terran

Hi @Ccsnet , what audio issues are you experiencing after updating the firmware?
    Is it cutting off completely music/radio after hearing voice instructions from TT GO Navigation?