GPS issue with the app on MIUI 12 — TomTom Community

GPS issue with the app on MIUI 12

RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
I have a strange issue using the v3.1 app on my Poco F3 phone.

When I connect the phone and let Android Auto start the app there is no GPS positioning. Even when I also start the GO App on my phone screen.

When I start the Go App on my phone screen and later connect it to Android Auto everything work fine.

Location access is set to “Allow only while using the app” I do not have to option to change it to “allowed all the time”

This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!. 31/5

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    RoadRider wrote: »

When I connect the phone and let Android Auto start the app there is no GPS positioning. Even when I also start the GO App on my phone screen.

When I start the Go App on my phone screen and later connect it to Android Auto everything work fine.

Location access is set to “Allow only while using the app” I do not have to option to change it to “allowed all the time”

This might be again issue with MIUI 12 and battery saving.
    Please check what happens if you disable battery saving mode for TT GO Nav app.
    This might be related: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/173717817
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    szachowa wrote: »

This might be again issue with MIUI 12 and battery saving.
    Please check what happens if you disable battery saving mode for TT GO Nav app.
    This might be related: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/173717817

Yes, that did the trick. Strange because the phone is charging when connected to Android Auto. And the battery was still 85% full.

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    sholm wrote: »
    When I make a route in MyDrive it gets on to my mobile very nicely.
    I have one question:
    On the computer the stops have numbers, but on my mobile they don't.
    Is that someone is working on?

Yes, we are aware about this issue.
    I will check what are the plans for numbered waypoints and get back to you.

Is it also possible to add full route support. Now you can only sync 20 stops (hard routepoints) The white via’s (soft routepoints) are not supported. Also route preferences are not transferred and you can Anky send stops. We like te option to sync routes as route. (All this information is available in the json file that is send to the GOR API but only the stops are transferred)

It will also be nice if the sync this route as track option also gets the option to sync the waypoints in a GPX file and Stops from MyDrive and have the option to show them on your screen with a small audio message when you are there.
    And please please please an option tho show the actual unaltered track as an overlay on your screen.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    sholm wrote: »
    When I make a route in MyDrive it gets on to my mobile very nicely.
    I have one question:
    On the computer the stops have numbers, but on my mobile they don't.
    Is that someone is working on?

Yes, we are aware about this issue.
    I will check what are the plans for numbered waypoints and get back to you.

Is it also possible to add full route support. Now you can only sync 20 stops (hard routepoints) The white via’s (soft routepoints) are not supported. Also route preferences are not transferred and you can Anky send stops. We like te option to sync routes as route. (All this information is available in the json file that is send to the GOR API but only the stops are transferred)

It will also be nice if the sync this route as track option also gets the option to sync the waypoints in a GPX file and Stops from MyDrive and have the option to show them on your screen with a small audio message when you are there.
    And please please please an option tho show the actual unaltered track as an overlay on your screen.

A lot of features to add.
    We are investigating problem with syncing routes with more than 20 stops.

@RoadRider , may I ask for a separate thread for your improvements? It will be easier for us to track it and discuss it in a separate thread, than here, where we discuss mostly Android Auto stuff.