Split screen mode on Android headunit — TomTom Community

Split screen mode on Android headunit

fedepifedepi Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi guys. I've a problem. I use an headunit android chinese. If I use TomTom in multiwindow mode (mild screen navigator and mild screen for ex. spotify), the side path bar on the right, is covered by the road sign that covers the entire top of the screen. Using the app in single mode (foreground), is all ok. There will be an update that resolves this problem?

This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!.4/7

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 329
    Staff
    fedepi wrote: »
    Hi guys. I've a problem. I use an headunit android chinese. If I use TomTom in multiwindow mode (mild screen navigator and mild screen for ex. spotify), the side path bar on the right, is covered by the road sign that covers the entire top of the screen. Using the app in single mode (foreground), is all ok. There will be an update that resolves this problem?

Hi @fedepi , I will check. Could you please share picture that show the issue?

Fact that next instruction panel covers the route bar is expected, this is how the app behaves in portrait mode. Screenshot that shows the issue would be very helpful here.
  • fedepifedepi Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @szachowa This is the picture of the problem.lzbd9sczx9f4.jpeg
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 329
    Staff
    fedepi wrote: »
    @szachowa This is the picture of the problem.lzbd9sczx9f4.jpeg

When you use the app in split mode, it will have limited width to draw the NIP (next instruction panel). In such case it will behave as with the app being in normal mode, on a phone held in portrait mode.

We are allowing NIP to cover the route bar, to get more space for text needed by longer street names. We have improvement reported in our backlog (which was based on the feedback that we received) to implement in the future functionality for changing the NIP size.