TomTom GO 6200 Lifetime Speed Camera Updates - no speed cameras at all

idkwdifm
idkwdifm Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi,

My TomTom GO 6200 does not have any speed cameras on it, even when enabled on the device. I logged in to MyDrive today and it claims I now have to buy a monthly subscription. I bought the device with lifetime support for maps and speed cameras.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Answer ✓
    Hi @idkwdifm
    Welcome to the community! Your TomTom GO WiFi 6200 comes with speed camera updates for the lifetime of the device.
    I would recommend that you do a factory reset and check for any updates offered for speed cameras.

Once done, test it on a planned route when you drive next time.

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favourites on the device, you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,825
    Superuser
    Hi @idkwdifm

The purchase a monthly subscription is a bug on the website so please ignore is the word from TT. @VikramK or @lampard should pick this up so look back here later to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Answer ✓
    Hi @idkwdifm
    Welcome to the community! Your TomTom GO WiFi 6200 comes with speed camera updates for the lifetime of the device.
    I would recommend that you do a factory reset and check for any updates offered for speed cameras.

Once done, test it on a planned route when you drive next time.

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favourites on the device, you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram
  • allshaq
    allshaq Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    hi,
    i come with similar problem of expired subscriptions:(
    are there different versions of GO Profesional 6200 that dont have lifetime traffic and cameras?
    my device says both Traffic and Speed Cameras Update expired, when I follow the resetting divice instruction without any luck...
    Do I need to pay for subscription to get it active again?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,825
    Superuser
    Hi @allshaq

Looking at the current TT GO6200 Pro on the TT website it says that the units come with 1years Traffic and Cameras Subscription.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @allshaq
    Is your GO6200 Pro a brand-new device ???
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and if required check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM