TomTom GO Navigation for iPhone: How to use the Family Subscription? — TomTom Community

TomTom GO Navigation for iPhone: How to use the Family Subscription?

RayKoekRayKoek Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I have just upgraded my TomTom GO Mobile (iPhone) subscription from a User licence to a Family licence.
However, how do I get this subscription shared on the iPhone of my family members who use their own Apple ID?

Even if they log in with my TomTom account they are unable to do so.

Please explain how I can add my family members to this subscription (hopefully with their own Apple ID accounts).

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @RayKoek

Welcome to the Community! Maybe this article here can help you set up family sharing and add/invite your family members.

Since the subscriptions are now handled by Apple, the TomTom account is only used to log in on MyDrive in the App. So if you all share the same TomTom account, then you will have access to the same 'My Places' content.

Best, lampard

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi @RayKoek

Welcome to the Community! Maybe this article here can help you set up family sharing and add/invite your family members.

Since the subscriptions are now handled by Apple, the TomTom account is only used to log in on MyDrive in the App. So if you all share the same TomTom account, then you will have access to the same 'My Places' content.

Best, lampard
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 141 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Since the subscriptions are now handled by Apple, the TomTom account is only used to log in on MyDrive in the App.
    If this now managed by Apple, why is there still a more expensive family subscription option still available to choose from?

• RayKoekRayKoek Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited June 7
    Hi Lampard,

Thank you so much for the information.
    With this information we managed tot get things working!

My question topic may be closed ;-)

Regards,
    Ray
    Hello @RayKoek

I'm glad I could be of help! When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark comments as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard
    lampard wrote: »
    When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark comments as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard

Some answer on my question would be nice.

• RayKoekRayKoek Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    @Lampard,

Done, set it as best answer.

@Eddydc,

I think you have to create your own question rather than serving on an another question. This makes it harder to separate both individual questions!
    RayKoek wrote: »

@Eddydc,

I think you have to create your own question rather than serving on an another question. This makes it harder to separate both individual questions!

I don't see why this is another question which needs to raised separately. You ask about a family subscription and which is answered by saying that this needs to be managed via apple subscriptions.
    This is a rather odd answer when one can still have a family subscription (being more expensive than the normal subscription) within Tomtom itself. So I was wondering what that was all about.