Go Premium 6 - Unable to get TomTom Traffic to work — TomTom Community

Go Premium 6 - Unable to get TomTom Traffic to work

Hello,
I’ve just bought a Go Premium 6” unit (built-in SIM) direct from TomTom to replace my old Go 5000. I'm in the UK.

I can’t get the Premium to show Traffic (there is a permanent “x” through the symbol under the main menu).
I’ve had the Premium and the 5000 working side by side. The 5000 will get Traffic information easily.
I’ve followed the various guides on what to do if there is no traffic (make sure unit is plugged in; make sure GPS signal is strong; make sure I’m in a GPRS signal area etc) and have also performed a number of factory resets.

GPRS signal on the Premium shows maximum signal blobs (as does the 5000). GPRS Status on the About screen says “Connected”. Traffic shows as “Activated” on the About screen. However, when you click on the arrow next to “Traffic” on the About screen, it always just says something along the lines of “TomTom services are unavailable. Please try later”.

I have checked that I am logged in to Services OK, and the TomTom Cloud symbol is always active (there is no “x” through it), so it seems some form of connection is working through the built-in SIM..
I have left both units just sat there powered up in a strong GPRS location for a couple of hours. The Premium has never seemed to get a connection.

When I am at home and connected Ok to wifi, I still don’t get any access to Traffic, but I’m not sure if Traffic should be available in this situation.

Have I missed something in trying to get this setup? Is it possible something on the TomTom servers or in my account needs to be reset?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,907 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @stevemcc1958
    Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @stevemcc1958

@VikramK or @lampard will pick this up tomorrow. Look back here to see what they say after checking your settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,907 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @stevemcc1958
    Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • stevemcc1958stevemcc1958 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi VikramK. Many thanks for sorting it so quickly. I'll do the soft reset and update check today and then do a test of Traffic tomorrow as we have to drive about 5 miles to get any GPRS signal of any provider! Will post again tomorrow to confirm all OK.

Cheers

Steve
  • stevemcc1958stevemcc1958 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi VikramK. Just been out to check it all in a GPRS location and everything is now working fine. Many thanks again for your help.

Cheers
    Steve