Go Discover Premium Live Services — TomTom Community

Go Discover Premium Live Services

malcolmthebestmalcolmthebest Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have bought a go discover 6" and the live traffic and Speed Cameras Work. But the live fuel prices and Off street parking does not work? I go passed fuel stations and no prices show. Please help whats the problem

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @malcolmthebest

I am not sure all fuel station fuel prices are shown. Are you seeing Fuel prices at some stations.

Doug
  • malcolmthebestmalcolmthebest Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No I am seeing none at all of them, in my subscription section in the about menu just says traffic and speed cameras active? No mention of fuel or off street parking
  • bigbig Posts: 1,641
    Superuser
    Maps and traffic are for the lifetime of the device. But you only get 1 year of:
    Speed Cameral details
    Fuel price information
    Off-street parking availability
    EV charging POIs

So normally I would say there is a problem with your subscription since parking and fuel prices are not shown. But it is puzzling that you see speed camera alerts. I think it's best to contact TomTom support on this one to see if your subscription status needs sorting out. Or perhaps @VikramK will notice this post and be able to check for you.
  • leebroath1976leebroath1976 Posts: 57 [Legendary Explorer]
    big wrote: »
    Maps and traffic are for the lifetime of the device.

Is it the actual World map free for the lifetime, or just certain areas?

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @leebroath1976

World maps are available on the lifetime basis.

Doug
    edited June 6
    big wrote: »
    Maps and traffic are for the lifetime of the device. But you only get 1 year of:
    Speed Cameral details
    Fuel price information
    Off-street parking availability
    EV charging POIs

So normally I would say there is a problem with your subscription since parking and fuel prices are not shown. But it is puzzling that you see speed camera alerts. I think it's best to contact TomTom support on this one to see if your subscription status needs sorting out. Or perhaps @VikramK will notice this post and be able to check for you.

Thanks I did think it was strange used it again today and still no fuel prices any were and no parking information. I will raise the issue with Tom Tom or maybe get a reply from @VikramK. I don’t know why that life time maps and speed cameras are active in subscription list and not fuel and parking. Or there is a issue with premium live services.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    edited June 8
    Hi @malcolmthebest
    All the services for your GO Discover look fine.
    Could you try - Turn off- Turn on the device and see if the fuel prices are displayed? (Device should be paired with a smartphone for data connection via Bluetooth®)

Thanks, Vikram

VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @malcolmthebest
    All the services for your GO Discover look fine.
    Could you try - Turn off- Turn on the device and see if the fuel prices are displayed? (Device should be pairing with a smartphone for data connection via Bluetooth®)

Thanks, Vikram

Hi @VikramK

There is something wrong with my subscription or the premium services are not working properly. I have tried to turn it on and off as instructed and even did a reset. I went for a long drive yesterday and went passed many fuel stations and no one price came up and no parking information showed. So I am not getting what I should. My go discover is paired with my phone by Bluetooth and the connection is all ok. I still get the live traffic information and speed cameras. In the about section of my go discover in subscriptions only shows live traffic and speed cameras.

Please help
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    edited June 8
    @malcolmthebest
    Thanks, Malcolm.
    I think the problem will require further investigation. Could you report this to our customer service team along with some recent locations where you travelled, and the GO Discover did not display fuel price information?

Also, wanted to confirm if you have entered your vehicle inputs under settings to get the fuel info?

I can assure you that the issue is not the subscription. Just double-checked on that. (Serial number ending - 959)

Regards, Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    @malcolmthebest
    Thanks, Malcolm.
    I think the problem will require further investigation. Could you report this to our customer service team along with some recent locations where you travelled, and the GO Discover did not display fuel price information?

Also, wanted to confirm if you have entered your vehicle inputs under settings to get the fuel info?

I can assure you that the issue is not the subscription. Just double-checked on that. (Serial number ending - 959)

Regards, Vikram

Hi @VikramK

I had entered the fuel settings correctly on my device. Restarted the device and now it stuck in recovery mode and will not come out. I have connected it to my drive connect and says recovering device but that’s it have waited hours to nothing no percentage comes up or moves just stuck on recovering your device.

Please help as I am now getting quiet frustrated with the device

Thanks