Go Discover Premium Live Services

malcolmthebest
malcolmthebest Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
I have bought a go discover 6" and the live traffic and Speed Cameras Work. But the live fuel prices and Off street parking does not work? I go passed fuel stations and no prices show. Please help whats the problem

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    Hi @malcolmthebest

I am not sure all fuel station fuel prices are shown. Are you seeing Fuel prices at some stations.

Doug
  • malcolmthebest
    Apprentice Traveler
    No I am seeing none at all of them, in my subscription section in the about menu just says traffic and speed cameras active? No mention of fuel or off street parking
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Maps and traffic are for the lifetime of the device. But you only get 1 year of:
    Speed Cameral details
    Fuel price information
    Off-street parking availability
    EV charging POIs

So normally I would say there is a problem with your subscription since parking and fuel prices are not shown. But it is puzzling that you see speed camera alerts. I think it's best to contact TomTom support on this one to see if your subscription status needs sorting out. Or perhaps @VikramK will notice this post and be able to check for you.
  • leebroath1976
    leebroath1976 Registered Users Posts: 57
    Legendary Explorer
    big wrote: »
    Maps and traffic are for the lifetime of the device.

Is it the actual World map free for the lifetime, or just certain areas?

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    Hi @leebroath1976

World maps are available on the lifetime basis.

Doug
  • malcolmthebest
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited June 2021
    big wrote: »
    Maps and traffic are for the lifetime of the device. But you only get 1 year of:
    Speed Cameral details
    Fuel price information
    Off-street parking availability
    EV charging POIs

So normally I would say there is a problem with your subscription since parking and fuel prices are not shown. But it is puzzling that you see speed camera alerts. I think it's best to contact TomTom support on this one to see if your subscription status needs sorting out. Or perhaps @VikramK will notice this post and be able to check for you.

Thanks I did think it was strange used it again today and still no fuel prices any were and no parking information. I will raise the issue with Tom Tom or maybe get a reply from @VikramK. I don’t know why that life time maps and speed cameras are active in subscription list and not fuel and parking. Or there is a issue with premium live services.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,719
    edited June 2021
    Hi @malcolmthebest
    All the services for your GO Discover look fine.
    Could you try - Turn off- Turn on the device and see if the fuel prices are displayed? (Device should be paired with a smartphone for data connection via Bluetooth®)

Thanks, Vikram
  • malcolmthebest
    Apprentice Traveler

VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @malcolmthebest
    All the services for your GO Discover look fine.
    Could you try - Turn off- Turn on the device and see if the fuel prices are displayed? (Device should be pairing with a smartphone for data connection via Bluetooth®)

Thanks, Vikram

Hi @VikramK

There is something wrong with my subscription or the premium services are not working properly. I have tried to turn it on and off as instructed and even did a reset. I went for a long drive yesterday and went passed many fuel stations and no one price came up and no parking information showed. So I am not getting what I should. My go discover is paired with my phone by Bluetooth and the connection is all ok. I still get the live traffic information and speed cameras. In the about section of my go discover in subscriptions only shows live traffic and speed cameras.

Please help
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,719
    edited June 2021
    @malcolmthebest
    Thanks, Malcolm.
    I think the problem will require further investigation. Could you report this to our customer service team along with some recent locations where you travelled, and the GO Discover did not display fuel price information?

Also, wanted to confirm if you have entered your vehicle inputs under settings to get the fuel info?

I can assure you that the issue is not the subscription. Just double-checked on that. (Serial number ending - 959)

Regards, Vikram
  • malcolmthebest
    Apprentice Traveler
    VikramK wrote: »
    @malcolmthebest
    Thanks, Malcolm.
    I think the problem will require further investigation. Could you report this to our customer service team along with some recent locations where you travelled, and the GO Discover did not display fuel price information?

Also, wanted to confirm if you have entered your vehicle inputs under settings to get the fuel info?

I can assure you that the issue is not the subscription. Just double-checked on that. (Serial number ending - 959)

Regards, Vikram

Hi @VikramK

I had entered the fuel settings correctly on my device. Restarted the device and now it stuck in recovery mode and will not come out. I have connected it to my drive connect and says recovering device but that’s it have waited hours to nothing no percentage comes up or moves just stuck on recovering your device.

Please help as I am now getting quiet frustrated with the device

Thanks

• malcolmthebest
    Apprentice Traveler
    I contacted customer service and sent it back to be fixed as was told faulty. It could not be fixed so a replacement was sent
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    According to the Tomtom Website my Go Discover has:

1-year live fuel prices info
    Get the lowest prices with live fuel pricing information. Your TomTom GO Discover car sat nav knows where to find the best prices and the best stations. Just set your preferences and go.

I can see “some” Fuel Station prices being displayed roughly in a 4 mile radius to where I live, but as my vehicle uses “Super Unleaded” I changed my preferences in the My Vehicle Setting Fuel section to the nearest equivalent being “Highgrade Unleaded Petrol (98) and all Fuel prices disappeared, so I tried the “Midgrade Unleaded Petrol (98) and this setting appeared to just show me Super Unleaded prices.

But I have been unable to see any Fuel prices further than 4 miles away….and the instruction manual is totally silent on this subject!

Would I be ‘correct in assuming’ that as you drive along a route there is a 4-5 mile Fuel Price Circle moving with you??

If so how do you see the prices as it would be dangerous to do a search whilst driving?

1-year live off-street parking info
    Explore cities, not car parks. See which car parks are free or are filling up before you arrive with TomTom GO Discover car sat nav parking availability. Saving you time searching for a spot.

I have been unable to see any Car Parking information on my device – has anyone been able to get this working and if so how is it done please?

@DougLap Have you had any success with the above please?

–Again the instruction manual is totally silent on this subject and requires to be updated surely to include basic instructions?

@VikramK Is there any guidance on the above subjects anywhere online?
  • big
    Superuser
    @Lost_Soul Fuel prices are only shown when you are quite near the stations. In my experience, just a couple of miles.

Personally, I've never seen live parking information on the Discover, just the existence of parking. I don't see it off-hand, but someone did mention it worked. I suspect the number of parking facilities which can supply live information is quite limited. I hope more facilities with incorporate that technology going forward..
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @big

Fuel Prices

Thanks, it appears my assumption of a limited Fuel Prices Horizon may be correct. but it would be good to get confirmation officially from Tomtom ;)

Parking

With regards to Parking, if I do a search on my Go Discover it brings up all the car parks within 3.7 miles of my location, but there is no information on any car parks such as which car parks are free or are filling up before you arrive

I would imagine that Tomtom is either linking into the information system boards that you often see provided by the local Councils as to Parking capacities (see screenshots photo below of some of the local car parks in Watford and St.Albans ) or directly with individual car parks or a provider of parking information?

fcd6u9g967km.png
    rvrayew9lmxn.png

All of the car parks mentioned on the boards in the screenshots are found by my Go Discover, but no Parking capacity information is being shown??

Does this mean:

The Car Parking system operated by Tomtom is not functioning?

My Device is defective?

The instruction manual is totally silent on these 2 subjects and requires to be updated to include basic instructions?

@VikramK @lampard

Is there any guidance/ instructions on the above 2 subjects and how can I test if my device is working correctly?
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Has any forum users managed to get the "Parking Capacity" information displayed on their Go Discover?

I would be interested to see a screenshot of what this looks like as I continue not to see any Parking Capacity information at all.
  • CWheels72
    CWheels72 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    I'm based in the United States and have 2 GO Discovers and I don't see fuel prices for any station at any range for either of my 2 devices. Do these Premium services not work in the United States? Parking Capacity doesn't work either, as expected.
  • big
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    @CWheels72 Fuel prices work in the US and seem generally accurate. Sounds like somehow your premium services have not been activated. Perhaps a TomTom employee here will be able to confirm your services are active or you can begin a chat with customer service to fix this. Please have your serial number available. (Please don't post it here.)

Parking capacities supposedly work in the US as well but I understand there are not too many parking providers in the US which support this. I'm sure there will be more in the future.
  • dmadrion
    dmadrion Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I am not seeing parking prices either. I have had several emails back forth with them, no apparent way to call and actually talk to someone, and the response is "we use a third party app for these services. So it the the parking lot does not provide the data to the app, we cannot provide it you."

I pointed out that:

1. I live outside of Los Angeles, and I find it alarming that they would use an app that no parking lots in LA would share their prices.
    2. There are at least 2 great apps that will provide this parking service (showing prices) in Los Angeles, and everywhere else for that matter.

And yes, I have tried resetting many times.

This product was released before it was ready,
  • big
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Parking prices were never part of the offering. Parking availability is shown where data are provided (e.g. 29 spaces available). I can't even imagine how prices could be reported -- for first 15 minutes? For first hour? For overnight? For compact car vs SUV? Covered vs open? Short term vs long term?
  • big
    Superuser
    CWheels72 wrote: »
    I'm based in the United States and have 2 GO Discovers and I don't see fuel prices for any station at any range for either of my 2 devices.

I've been in many areas in the US and prices have been shown. Except in Florida! I've never seen fuel prices appear in Florida. Strange. Maybe some prohibition against in that state?
  • flounder
    flounder Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    I have a Go Discover, only 6months old approx and see no fuel price information displayed. It is connected to smartphone properly
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @flounder

Things to check:

The Go Discover as well as being connected by Bluetooth requires a “Personal Hotspot” to be switched “On”, see your phone for details.

Check your “My Vehicle” Settings (Combustion) and Fuel choice are correctly selected.
    - try a common fuel first such as Diesel.
    - (My car requires Super Unleaded which is not listed as a choice – found by experimenting it is Midgrade Unleaded Petrol).

Assuming the Go Discover / phone are then fully connected, signed into MyDrive and receiving Traffic information / delays, you should in theory also start receiving Fuel prices but please note ‘not every’ station broadcasts Fuel prices.

The range for me is also limited to fuel stations roughly within a 4 mile radius of my current location, so if you live in a remote rural area this may explain your absence of fuel prices (not sure where you are based as that information is not included in your profile).

You could then try a Factory Reset, do a backup first of Favourites etc. if required via MyDrive, delete the Bluetooth pairing on the device and phone and start over.

If you have access to the TomTom Go App (Android version) this should show you those fuel stations in your area that are broadcasting prices.

Good luck.