Another device due to warranty but no more lifetime and world? — TomTom Community

Another device due to warranty but no more lifetime and world?

HannatonHannaton Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited June 7 in TomTom Services
Bought a TomTom Premium with lifetime traffic and maps last May. The GPRS connection stopped and could not be repaired. I have received another device. Hereby I received a letter that I could download map updates or speed cameras at www.tomtom.com/13960.
I just end up at the start page and have no more traffic from May 31. In addition, I just discovered that my map of Europe 2021-08-05 is expiring! Via Mydrive I thought I had transferred everything neatly to the new device.
My previous device for which I received this other Premium was for the world! I'm kinda done with TomTom. Been working on getting everything right since February.

Mod edit: Machine translated(Dutch)

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Hannaton

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and can check the settings for your unit on the TT servers. It may be an idea if you could indicate here the last 3 numbers of your units serial number so they can be sure what they are looking for. DO NOT detail the full serial number here. If they cannot pick up the unit they will ask you for the serial number to be sent via Message.

Look back here on Monday to see what they say.

Doug
  • HannatonHannaton Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited June 7
    Thanks @DougLap
    The last 3 digits of this device are 031

Mod edit: Machine translated(Dutch)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,905 Moderator
    Hi @Hannaton

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK [/b Thanks for the support!
    I did the reset this morning. Traffic service is stil not available. “ There are problems with eccessing TT services. Try later again. “ That was 4 ours ago and it still doesn’t work.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,905 Moderator
    Hi @Hannaton
    After our team fixed the services, the device has not connected to our servers to complete the process.

After you do a soft reset(with the device connected to the internet via WiFi) could you go to Main menu > Settings > MyDrive

Login with your TomTom account and password.

Once the login is successful, check the status for the services-

Main menu- Settings- System- About

Regards, Vikram
    @VikramK , Still no traffic service. I did everything you wrote. :/
    Can you still help me? @VikramK

67l2jgip3enz.jpg

After a long chat with customer service and 3 persons later, Traffic works! @VikramK :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Hannaton

Good to hear. Do you know what they did to resolve the issue.

Doug
    @DougLap They "made necessary changes to the backup".

Gr. Hannaton