V3.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy A8 Android 9 suddenly reboots every 30 sec — TomTom Community

V3.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy A8 Android 9 suddenly reboots every 30 sec

After using TomTom Go long time without issues, the app starts properly, but reboots every 30 seconds. 3,6GB free space on internal storage, 20GB free space on my SD card. By the way, it is very annoying that TomTom switched from TomTom GO Navigation to TomTom GO Mobile, but still mention the TomTom Go app with Navigation in the title and startup screen. So I wasted unnecessary time searching for an update, while I already ahd the latest TomTom Go Mobile 3.1.0.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi @Ralph_Bertram

Welcome to the Community! Can you provide us with the App ID (From Main Menu>🛈> About)?

Best, lampard
  • Ralph_BertramRalph_Bertram Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lampard, thank you for reacting!
    I deinstalled the app through the Android logic. This doesn't remove the 30GB of maps and other TomTom files on the SD-card. So I removed that manually. I then installed the app again from the Playstore, and it works stable again.
    The new status is that I have App version 3.1.0 (4036), which is as before. And an App ID which is long enough to identify any atom in the world, so I hope I didn't make a typo; MYAN8C60BCD129742C319A45412D8CE12B5E893555E9.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 339
    Staff
    Hi Lampard, thank you for reacting!
    I deinstalled the app through the Android logic. This doesn't remove the 30GB of maps and other TomTom files on the SD-card. So I removed that manually. I then installed the app again from the Playstore, and it works stable again.
    The new status is that I have App version 3.1.0 (4036), which is as before. And an App ID which is long enough to identify any atom in the world, so I hope I didn't make a typo; MYAN8C60BCD129742C319A45412D8CE12B5E893555E9.

Hi @Ralph_Bertram , I just checked our crash reporting tool, and there are no errors associated with your device.

Tip for the future - if you tap the AppID in the about screen, it will be copied to phone clipboard.